T.V. shows you're watching!

cageyJG

12 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Never saw Dexter but I can tell you that “Breaking Bad” is awesome right to the end!

Getting really hooked to BB! Will go off and download the rest of the series. As with Dexter, is also good and i still enjoy it in spite of my criticism and the fact it's been spinning on its wheels season after season. It is more character driven than procedural or story driven. It is interesting to see how the titular character evolves and how he tries hard to fit in with 'normal' people of society. For sure Dexter cast is amazing and It's nice to see that chemistry between them. Last but not least, it's set in Miami :cool: although some scenes are shot in LA area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Getting really hooked to BB! Will go off and download the rest of the series. As with Dexter, is also good and i still enjoy it in spite of my criticism and the fact it's been spinning on its wheels season after season. It is more character driven than procedural or story driven. It is interesting to see how the titular character evolves and how he tries hard to fit in with 'normal' people of society. For sure Dexter cast is amazing and It's nice to see that chemistry between them. Last but not least, it's set in Miami :cool: although some scenes are shot in LA area.

Breaking Bad is available on Netflix, when you have finished watching the show I recommend you watching the prequel Better Call Saul which is also available on Netflix.

Brilliant show as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Breaking Bad is available on Netflix, when you have finished watching the show I recommend you watching the prequel Better Call Saul which is also available on Netflix.

Brilliant show as well.

Oh good to know, i thought they removed it! Are you referring to Netflix US or UK?

5 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Oh good to know, i thought they removed it! Are you referring to Netflix US or UK?

It's reasonable on a subscription level here in the UK, are the US stingy?

Edited by RedDragon86

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

It's reasonable on a subscription level here in the UK, are the US stingy?

I pay $15.49 per month.  So I would say it is reasonable here.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Brilliant show as well.

I'm to watch the last episode from season 2! I'm hooked! And it gets better as it goes on. Will watch the rest of the series from Netflix. Gonna reactivate the subscription for a couple of months for that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Spooktober begins today.  Starting our my Halloween viewing with the greatest 30 minutes ever created for this month.  It/s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. A true classic in animation. I remember when this was shown only once per year on tv.  Fortunately I own the DVD and can enjoy it multiple times this month. 

image.jpeg.96f6c70d9604b71578fd00fd755dd1b3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

been watching the whole Columbo series for a while now. some episodes are poor, but some are pretty amazing. the way Columbo plays with his 'preys' is fun. as you maybe know it already, Columbo is very popular here in France. both the series, and actor (P. Falk) are much loved here in the hexagon

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 4:54 AM, jpaul1 said:

been watching the whole Columbo series for a while now. some episodes are poor, but some are pretty amazing. the way Columbo plays with his 'preys' is fun. as you maybe know it already, Columbo is very popular here in France. both the series, and actor (P. Falk) are much loved here in the hexagon

This is a terrific series.  I saw an interview with Peter Falk.  When he heard about the series being in development he knew this was a character he wanted to play.  He absolutely was Columbo.  Just one more thing.  The trench coat was his idea. 

• Like 1

I've just finished watching Better Call Saul. What a series!

I don't mean to spoil anything for those who are catching up. I just want to say the finale is very good, albeit not as epic as breaking bad. In spite of everything he's done, I kinda feel sad for Jimmy. But you know, in a Vince Gilligan show you just reap what sow!

And right now, I'm going to watch the latter part of Ozark S4. I think it's on par with Breaking Bad and BSC, even-though there are some plot holes here and there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

A friend of mine told me about Ozark a while back...she says she thinks I’d really like it. Is it continuing for another season, or is 4 the end of it? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

A friend of mine told me about Ozark a while back...she says she thinks I’d really like it. Is it continuing for another season, or is 4 the end of it? 

hmmm...good question! I have yet to see the end of s4....the way it's going i can't really tell whether they will do another season or not :p. Besides, there are no reports for the show to continue...If you liked Breaking Bad and Better call Saul,I can guarantee you will love this!

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

One show my wife and I can agree on to watch together.  The X Files.  This show about two FBI agents investigating the strange, the paranormal, alien sightings and abductions,  and the occult.  This is one of my personal favorites.  Began watching from the beginning a few days ago.  Absolutely love the two main characters.  One being the believer in all things weird.  The other the logical minded sceptic.  The sayings,  "The Truth is Out There" and "Trust No One" became famous in the 1990s because of this show. The show really makes you think.  Especially about government cover-ups.  Can't say enough wonderful things about this series. 

xfiles2.jpeg

Edited by Vicefan7777
Missed something
  • Like 5

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

One show my wife and I can agree on to watch together.  The X Files.  This show about two FBI agents investigating the strange, the paranormal, alien sightings and abductions,  and the occult.  This is one of my personal favorites.  Began watching from the beginning a few days ago.  Absolutely love the two main characters.  One being the believer in all things weird.  The other the logical minded sceptic.  The sayings,  "The Truth is Out There" and "Trust No One" became famous in the 1990s because of this show. The show really makes you think.  Especially about government cover-ups.  Can't say enough wonderful things about this series. 

xfiles2.jpeg

One of my all time favorite shows.  When I lived in New Jersey my car's license plate was  TRSTNO1    The show debuted on FOX, back when they were just starting as a new network.  I always said that had the show debuted on one of the big 3 networks, it would've probably been cancelled but the fact that FOX didn't have much programing, the show got the chance to build a following and the rest, as they say, is history!   

Some of my favorite episodes are "Pusher", "Unruhe", "2Shy", "D.P.O." and "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"    "Home" is definitely the creepiest. So creepy that it was never shown again until the show went into syndication.  The worst episode. "The Field Where I Died" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

One of my all time favorite shows.  When I lived in New Jersey my car's license plate was  TRSTNO1    The show debuted on FOX, back when they were just starting as a new network.  I always said that had the show debuted on one of the big 3 networks, it would've probably been cancelled but the fact that FOX didn't have much programing, the show got the chance to build a following and the rest, as they say, is history!   

Some of my favorite episodes are "Pusher", "Unruhe", "2Shy", "D.P.O." and "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"    "Home" is definitely the creepiest. So creepy that it was never shown again until the show went into syndication.  The worst episode. "The Field Where I Died" 

My all time personal favorite is "Tithonus"  "Squeeze" and "Tombs" are brilliant, there are so many great episodes.

I think the greatest episode is "Paper Hearts" starring Tom Noonan who gives a superb, creepy performance and it basically explains what happened to Mulders sister.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• Administrators

How could I forget “Squeeze” and “Tooms” both are brilliant!   “Paper Hearts” is also excellent but it broke my heart when Mulder sliced that kid’s leather seats!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

How could I forget “Squeeze” and “Tooms” both are brilliant!   “Paper Hearts” is also excellent but it broke my heart when Mulder sliced that kid’s leather seats!

Same here and I don't think he got reimbursed for the damage :)

The actor who played Hector in "Free Verse" pops up in that episode.

Untitled.png.39ac4b805e69e4ce010b359fd0e2e8c9.png

• Like 1

My brother is watching a show called "Bosch" at the minute and he told me that William Russ starred in the first episode of season 4, strangely enough the director for that episode is Aaron Lipstadt ("Yankee Dollar" "Payback" "El Viejo") and writers John Mankiewicz "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" (teleplay) "Yankee Dollar") & Daniel Pyne who wrote a lot of great episodes in the first season.

Nice to know that those important people from the MV series are still out there doing what they do best.

• Like 3

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

My brother is watching a show called "Bosch" at the minute and he told me that William Russ starred in the first episode of season 4, strangely enough the director for that episode is Aaron Lipstadt ("Yankee Dollar" "Payback" "El Viejo") and writers John Mankiewicz "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" (teleplay) "Yankee Dollar") & Daniel Pyne who wrote a lot of great episodes in the first season.

Nice to know that those important people from the MV series are still out there doing what they do best.

"Bosch" is an excellent show!  Also check out "Bosch Legacy" In that show he has left the L.A. Police and has become a P.I.   It's already renewed for a 2nd season.

• Like 3

Not a big fan of sitcoms in general...but there are a few exceptions for me. Arrested Development is one of them! Safe to say the zaniest, most hilariously insane thing i ever watched!
On another level it shows you how dysfunctional and fucked up of a family they are. Each member being shallow and egoistical...Micheal to me seems the one with most brains or better functioning...the rest are big grown up kids (hence the title :)). Buster and Tobias are my favorite and funniest characters, displaying the most idiosyncratic behavior.
Pure comedy gold!

Last but not least, Lindsay is hot! :p

I just got to the first few S4 episodes on Netflix :):):).

• 1 month later...

Starting watching "The Midnight Club" on Netflix.

image.jpeg.311b66cef8d5a43580fdb5458aa2df3d.jpeg

Seeing as you are a big fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street (franchise) @AndrewRemington you will love this. It's kind of the like the 3rd film and it has Heather Langenkamp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Seeing as you are a big fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street (franchise) @AndrewRemington you will love this. It's kind of the like the 3rd film and it has Heather Langenkamp. 

I will have to check that out! I have Netflix but surprisingly I don't think that show ever showed up in my recommendations. I'm kind of surprised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

2 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I will have to check that out! I have Netflix but surprisingly I don't think that show ever showed up in my recommendations. I'm kind of surprised.

I head it was fairly popular, but was also canceled after only 1 season...not sure exactly why, but I think the producers wanted to go do something else. I'm not sure how this 1 and only season ends...if it leaves you hanging, I might not want to get too "attached" or involved with it.