T.V. shows you're watching!

cageyJG

Does baseball count as a tv show? :) 

In the summer I add MLB to Miami Vice. I’ve been an avid fan of both for my basically my entire life. 

Any MLB fans here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

In the summer I add MLB to Miami Vice. I’ve been an avid fan of both for my basically my entire life. 

Any MLB fans here?

Baseball...the sport where you can turn on the TV, take a three hour nap, and come back and find it exactly how it was when you started.:p

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Baseball...the sport where you can turn on the TV, take a three hour nap, and come back and find it exactly how it was when you started.:p

Says a lot about your attention span :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Says a lot about your attention span :) 

More like my tolerance for boredom. I feel the same way about golf and the last two minutes of any football game...

Not much of a sports guy, but I do like hockey.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, Dadrian said:

Any MLB fans here?

I watch/ listen to a lot more baseball in the summer too.  I’ve followed the Pirates since I was a kid in the 70’s and played little league and ultimately for my high school team.  Following the Bucs hasn’t been easy since ‘79.  :)

I’m in education so have more time in the summer months.  I find that I do other things while it’s on and tend to use the DVR to rewind if I miss seeing something.  I also listen to games on the radio occasionally while I’m working on my boat.  It’s about the only professional sport I pay any attention to anymore, but I love the NCAA Tourney, having played college ball myself and coached at my high school.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

but I do like hockey.

Me too! :thumbsup:

My brother in law says he went a fight one time and a hockey game broke out. :) 

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Me too! :thumbsup:

My brother in law says he went a fight one time and a hockey game broke out. :) 

Ugh!  I thought of that as soon as I read Robbie’s post. :)  I had a little self restraint. :p

Seriously, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with hockey.  My father was Canadian and a massive Habs fan for his whole life.  He took me more than once to see them play the Kings at the Forum here in LA back in the 70’s.  NO ONE was a hockey fan in LA in the 70’s. 

Now that he’s gone, I think of those days fondly, but at the time I remember thinking why didn’t he care about the Super Bowl or World Series like my friend’s fathers.  They won the Stanley Cup my last year in college in ‘93 and I saw they were just in the finals.  I still don’t like hockey though!!!   :dance2:

• Like 1

When I was growing up in Michigan I was a sports fanatic.  The Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, Pistons, even golf I was watching.  Today I do not watch any sports.  But I do watch the Super Bowl only because I will place a bet. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, sdiegolo78 said:

Kojak was realistic too, quite descriptive of what NYC was in the 70s. And it was quite accurate from a pure police procedural aspect. Burton Armus (former NYPD detective) was technical advisor. Telly Savalas was terrific for the part. I vaguely remember watching Charlie's Angels and Vega$ (Robert Urlich) from the 80s re-runs but never got into these shows. I know what Hawaii Five-0 is all about but I've never seen an episode. They even made a reboot of that classic show.

Kojak tried desperately to be like "The French Connection" but had suffered with atrocious acting and it was goofy as well. Fast forward this video to 9:46 :eek:

The reboot of Five-0 isn't bad, but they do love multi-episode plot arcs and I think the show went downhill a bit when they had a major casting change about halfway through the run.

Vega$ was a Michael Mann show. It wasn't bad, but I think it suffered from Mann's short attention span when it comes to TV.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Kojak tried desperately to be like "The French Connection" but had suffered with atrocious acting and it was goofy as well. Fast forward this video to 9:46 :eek:

Ha ha, yeah, that the perception of Rosey Grier's acting in this particular episode: great NFL player, but although his acting may be entertaining it probably needs work. Bill Duke's in that scene though, so that's awesome to me.

28 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

The reboot of Five-0 isn't bad, but they do love multi-episode plot arcs and I think the show went downhill a bit when they had a major casting change about halfway through the run.

Vega$ was a Michael Mann show. It wasn't bad, but I think it suffered from Mann's short attention span when it comes to TV.

Yeah, that sounds like the Mann when it comes to TV; I love Robert Urich though (I've also always been a fan of the 1985 film "Turk 182!", which also stars Timothy Hutton & lots of other fun performers such as Kim Cattrall, Robert Culp, Darren McGavin, James Tolkan, Peter Boyle, and Paul Sorvino in a cameo. I know a lot of people think the film's corny, but I like its rebellious, underdog spirit).

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

I really liked the “Five-0” reboot...but I’m also a huge fan of the Jack Lord original, too! :thumbsup:

VEGA$ was created by Mann...and he originally envisioned Dan Tanna to be a brooding personality who was sometimes unshaven & sometimes drank too much (who does that sound like? ;)). But, early on Aaron Spelling took over and most of Mann’s ideas & involvement were basically thrown out.

I love VEGA$, although it was still your 70s, “Charlie’s Angels” (which I also love) type show...where the good guys get the bad guys & sometimes there are happy endings. 

Edited by ViceFanMan

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching season 1 of "Ozark" and its terribly written. There is absolutely no plot development and there is no time for a character to figure out who was responsible for something so they would just completely jump to a conclusion.

Can't believe this is highly rated. 

Edited by RedDragon86

On 7/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, Robbie C. said:

I missed your comment here but it does seem to be the case… more than once. 

• 1 month later...

Watched a random Streethawk episode last night ("murder is a novel idea"), and guess who was in it as guest star:

image.thumb.png.02de15877f67b2b579b312b17cf2a3af.png

(love that expression in her face :))

image.thumb.png.9533f88b1246c19463d1d01f3430fdd6.png

Judging Belinda's look in this episode, it must have been shoot in the same period as the MV 1st season episodes she featured in (mid to late '84).

By the way, as well as Knightrider, DJ was considered for the lead in this show :)

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've been rewatching Star Trek TOS, but it's leaving Netflix September 30th! I need to buy the DVD set.

It's kind of nostalgic to me because I watched it a bit with my parents growing up (reruns on various channels).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I've been rewatching Star Trek TOS, but it's leaving Netflix September 30th! I need to buy the DVD set.

It's kind of nostalgic to me because I watched it a bit with my parents growing up (reruns on various channels).

I was at my community's public library and every week there is a table with stuff they are selling.  A month ago I picked up the dvd box set of TOS and TNG for $10.  Hope you get through all the episodes. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, pahonu said:

I missed your comment here but it does seem to be the case… more than once. 

VEGA$ was created by Mann...and he originally envisioned Dan Tanna to be a brooding personality who was sometimes unshaven & sometimes drank too much (who does that sound like? ;)). But, early on Aaron Spelling took over and most of Mann’s ideas & involvement were basically thrown out. So, actually whatever VEGA$ was or was not, was mostly Spelling’s vision.

I love and have VEGA$, although it was still your 70s, “Charlie’s Angels” (which I also love and have) type show...where the good guys get the bad guys & sometimes there are happy endings. I don’t think it “suffered” any lack of ideas, and it was awesome for its time! :thumbsup: By the early 2000s, Robert Urich had already done several Spenser: For Hire reunion TV movies, and he was thinking about doing a VEGA$ reunion (as he always felt it had been canceled way too soon). But, tragically he was diagnosed with cancer around the same time, so sadly the VEGA$ reunion never came about. 

Edited by ViceFanMan

12 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I was at my community's public library and every week there is a table with stuff they are selling.  A month ago I picked up the dvd box set of TOS and TNG for $10.  Hope you get through all the episodes. 

I’m jealous! There’s no way I could make it through the episodes at the rate I’m going. I usually just watch one episode a night (if that). I’d like to buy the series, I might just look online.

• 4 weeks later...

Been watching Max Headroom. Remember it? When i was a kid i was aware of the music TV program where the talking head was used to link video clips.
These are the British TV movie and the adapted US TV series with the same leading actors:

The leading actor (playing the reporter Edison Carter and Max as well) Matt Frewer was Cliff King in the Burnett saga episodes of S5...that's according to IMDB. Great show, ahead of its time, one of the first to anticipate a media and TV dominated future, media manipulation, politically correctness etc...a fulfilled prophecy.

Edited by sdiegolo78

12 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Matt Frewer and Jim Carrey have always reminded me of eachother.  Similar mannerisms and voices.

Never thought of this, but true. Even similar face structure, but Jim definitely got the better hair haha. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Matt Frewer and Jim Carrey have always reminded me of eachother.  Similar mannerisms and voices.

True, and both are Canadian.

• Like 1