Don's hairstyle in depth

Mrich209

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I will trade you one museum-quality Memorymoog for your hair, Sir. :cheers:

Aw man, trade me! ~$10,000 hair?!

• Haha 2

Lmao I appreciate the comments (although I had to google what a memorymoog was lol) but the bidding starts at a mint Testarossa....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm really contemplating doing the season 3 style Sonny hair again. My hair is probably about Season 4 length right now and it just keeps falling over my ears and never lays evenly.

Here's my season 3 style cut from last summer (I used a bit of gel, looks more wet than how Sonny did it).

69444684_925570821130992_1640273363534348288_n.jpg

Attack of the bad PhotoShop! (This is my absolute favorite screenshot of Sonny in Miami Vice.)

on the phone.jpg

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Haha 2

Have you considered (or do you have) a flat iron for the season 3 look? You definitely have enough hair, but it seems a bit curlier than DJ’s. 

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Have you considered (or do you have) a flat iron for the season 3 look? You definitely have enough hair, but it seems a bit curlier than DJ’s. 

Haha, well my wife does! I once tried the straightening kit (kind of like a home permanent but to straighten your hair) but it didn’t seem to work. However, my wife likes the curls, so I’ll probably just leave it curly/wavy.

I might want to try out the straightener/flat iron for a good photo op, though!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Attack of the bad PhotoShop! (This is my absolute favorite screenshot of Sonny in Miami Vice.)

on the phone.jpg

Funny, Sonny’s head seems...larger there...:)

Nice one. 

• Haha 3

FYI: a collector who owns the actual screen-worn Versace jacket Crockett is wearing in that scene visited my home once with his entire collection. It was a great time! :)

He donated generously the costumes you see me wearing in my videos. :fireworks:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

I'm really contemplating doing the season 3 style Sonny hair again. My hair is probably about Season 4 length right now and it just keeps falling over my ears and never lays evenly.

Here's my season 3 style cut from last summer (I used a bit of gel, looks more wet than how Sonny did it).

69444684_925570821130992_1640273363534348288_n.jpg

What product are you using ? If it's gel that's probably a bit much for the sides....

Edited by Mrich209

5 minutes ago, Mrich209 said:

What product are you using ? If it's gel that's probably a bit much for the sides....

L’Oreal Studio Line. Yeah, it is a bit much for season 3 Sonny style, but sometimes it’s hard for my hair to stay back.

3 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

L’Oreal Studio Line. Yeah, it is a bit much for season 3 Sonny style, but sometimes it’s hard for my hair to stay back.

You using a hairdryer ?

1 minute ago, AndrewRemington said:

Sometimes, but not before this photo.

That's a borderline requirement to keeps the sides up. I use hairspray on mine. One other trick is to brush them back above the earline, then as it settles, hairspray and lightly blowdry until they just slightly fall over your ears...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrich209 said:

That's a borderline requirement to keeps the sides up. I use hairspray on mine. One other trick is to brush them back above the earline, then as it settles, hairspray and lightly blowdry until they just slightly fall over your ears...

Okay, thanks for the tips, pal!

I can only pull off the Crockett S5 hair, which is what I have now.  I've also been compared to a mid 80s Kurt Russell.  My ultimate goal is when I've gone gray that I'll be able to pull off the Sam Elliot "Road House" look.  It's important to have goals in life.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I am currently pulling off the Izzy look :hot:

“It’s the path of least resistance...” :) 

Are you balding/receding? I never saw that from the photos I’ve seen of you. Perhaps one day you can pull of the Jan Hammer look!

8 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Are you balding/receding? I never saw that from the photos I’ve seen of you. Perhaps one day you can pull of the Jan Hammer look!

Haha I’m getting there...

Sadly, the photo with in my avatar is from 2014–the last year I remember having lots of hair. ;(

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Sadly, the photo with in my avatar is from 2014–the last year I remember having lots of hair. ;(

yeah, nature has its own plans with some of us...I'm dealing with that with a 7mm butch cut now, which provides a tidy yet still casual/beach bum sort of look, while kissing the concept of hairstyling goodbye

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:06 AM, Dadrian said:

Man, that’s $100K hair! :thumbsup:

I'd take a careful look at Mr. Halvorson's ancestors at least two generations back before sealing that deal. You never know, I mean...at his young age, I basically looked like him hairwise and and had enough to cover two heads.

Edited by daytona365
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’m sorry, man. You may get lucky and just have your hair thin out a little bit and not actually go bald.

52 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

I'd take a careful look at Mr. Halvorson's ancestors at least two generations back before sealing that deal. You never know, I mean...at his young age, I basically looked like him hairwise and and had enough to cover two heads.

Haha, well, my dad had very thick, wavy hair like mine all the way until he passed away at 52. Both of my grandfathers kept a pretty full head of hair at age 80+, although my mom’s dad had a slightly receded hairline. *worries* His hairline was probably like a half inch to one inch further back than a normal hairline. It was still full otherwise. I’m not sure if his hair was like that when he was younger or not. Some people just have high hairlines (I’ll keep telling myself that).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daytona365 said:

yeah, nature has its own plans with some of us...I'm dealing with that with a 7mm butch cut now, which provides a tidy yet still casual/beach bum sort of look, while kissing the concept of hairstyling goodbye

That Duddy hairstyle from “Lend Me An Ear”? :)

1 hour ago, AndrewRemington said:

That Duddy hairstyle from “Lend Me An Ear”? :)

Yeah, pretty much, just less coverage :(

Edited by daytona365
  • Sad 1