Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

Fun movie...and lots of Elisabeth Shue!! =)

That goes double for me pal!  =) :happy:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

"Adventures in Babysitting"

Correct!

Great comedy, one that catches you off guard so many times :)

This scene is hilarious with Penelope Ann Miller ("Death and the Lady")

"Chris I'm begging you, it's really scary here. I've just seen three people shoot up, a bald Chinese lady with no pants on, and there's this old guy outside who wants his bedroom slippers!"

:dance2:

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

"Chris I'm begging you, it's really scary here. I've just seen three people shoot up, a bald Chinese lady with no pants on, and there's this old guy outside who wants his bedroom slippers!"

I love that scene...and the crazy nut running around “flashing” a gun to freak her out, lol!!! :):)  I have not seen that movie in probably close to 25 years...I’m gonna have to get a copy and watch it soon. :dance2:

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 6:36 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Definitely one of my first crushes.  She's still gorgeous!

My word for Elisabeth Shue has always been "winsome", and I think she's a wonderful performer. Serious, gal-next-door, full of life, an asset to any production as far as I'm concerned. And hey, with her soccer-loving, Melrose Place-living brother Andrew, we get a pair of Shues that fit.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

This was my introduction to Penelope Ann Miller, but I've never seen it that way (odd I know), and have kept her Brenda role separate from everything else she did after that I've viewed ("The Gun in Betty's Lou's Handbag", "Carlito's Way", "Kindergarten Cop", "The Freshman", "The Shadow"---a film that I like a lot actually---, 'Death and the Lady' here, "Big Top Pee-Wee" and "Dead Bang"). I LOVE "Adventures in Babysitting", love all of it from start to finish (I think Eliabeth Shue is great with the heavy-lifting, but everyone else chips in, and I find the story exciting, with no dull spots).

On 9/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

I can honestly say I have never even heard of this film.  How did I miss this?  I will have to try and find it and watch.  I am a big fan of 80's comedies.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I can honestly say I have never even heard of this film.  How did I miss this?  I will have to try and find it and watch.  I am a big fan of 80's comedies.  

I think you'll like it Vicefan7777; plus, it has Vice guest star Vincent D'Onofrio as the "Thor" mechanic (that description should sell you on the film right there:)).

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:42 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Prince of Darkness

This one creeped me out!

I had "Prince of Darkness" on tape since 1988; wow yeah, creepy for sure. "The Believers" and "Hello Mary Lou: Prom night II" (both released in 1987, also with our Dark Prince here) are two films that will ALWAYS freak me out!

On 7/22/2021 at 5:25 PM, king77 said:

Yup, a few times.

She had this on and off thing with some guy named Bob Rosen or Rose something like that. Super nice, but had a couple of issues.

Yeah, I've heard that about Ally Sheedy, and she's discussed her issues publicly as well. I've always liked her, and I think her published book of poems is super good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Kurt Russell is a national treasure!

You got that right!  I grew up watching him from the time he was a child star in Disney films.  Now he is playing Santa Clause.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

You got that right!  I grew up watching him from the time he was a child star in Disney films.  Now he is playing Santa Clause.  

He will always be Dean Proffit for me. :thumbsup:

He was a damn good Wyatt Earp too though!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Same here.  Some of his movies aren't the greatest, but I have to say I always enjoy him in everything.  One of my father's college buddies has been friends with Goldie Hawn since childhood, so him and his wife would often get together with her and Kurt.  He sadly passed away several months ago, but my dad said there were a bunch of photos of him with Goldie and Kurt at the memorial.  I'm still hoping to have a beer with Kurt someday.

13 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Same here.  Some of his movies aren't the greatest, but I have to say I always enjoy him in everything.  One of my father's college buddies has been friends with Goldie Hawn since childhood, so him and his wife would often get together with her and Kurt.  He sadly passed away several months ago, but my dad said there were a bunch of photos of him with Goldie and Kurt at the memorial.  I'm still hoping to have a beer with Kurt someday.

Working with John Carpenter was great for his career. Snake Plissken for one thing is a classic character. 

BTILC, The Thing, Escape From New York are great movies and he had the main roles as well. 

Breakdown is a favorite of mine, an excellent but underrated film.

He's had a brilliant career. 

• Like 1