Greatest 80's Songs

timm525

• 1 month later...

I'm sure some may question my sanity on this one, and I have no idea why I like this song. Just reminds me of the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5EmE32NH8E

"Cruel Summer"Hot summer streetsAnd the pavements are burningI sit aroundTrying to smileBut the air is so heavy and dryStrange voices are sayingWhat did they sayThings I can't understandIt's too close for comfortThis heat has got right out of handIt's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel, cruel summerNow you're goneThe city is crowdedMy friends are awayAnd I'm on my ownIt's too hot to handleSo I got to get up and goIt's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel,It's a cruel cruel summerNow you're goneYou're not the only oneIt's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving meLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel,It's a cruel cruel summerNow you're goneIt's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel, cruel summerNow you're goneYou're not the only oneIt's a cruel, cruel summerLeaving meLeaving me here on my ownIt's a cruel,It's a cruel cruel summerNow you're goneYou're not the only one

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 3 weeks later...

Found this used in an MV fan video around the beginning of youtube a few years ago:

sadly the videos long since dust and was taken down but the effect of it still lingers, this song in its original form was made for vice.
  • Like 1

Found this used in an MV fan video around the beginning of youtube a few years ago:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9pIO8mlgg

sadly the videos long since dust and was taken down but the effect of it still lingers' date=' this song in its original form was made for vice.[/quote']Yep this song could have been used as a Vice track. I see you are also an Eastwood fan as I have been since his early Dirty Harry movies.I personally like his new line...... Clint Eastwood: ‘When someone isn’t doing the job, we’ve got to let him go’ or...... you could just go with "Do you feel lucky, punk?" :)

Queen, Who Wants to Live Forever (heard in Highlander).The age of GlamRock...

"Who Wants To Live Forever"There's no time for us,There's no place for us,What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us.Who wants to live forever,Who wants to live forever.....?There's no chance for us,It's all decided for us,This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us.Who wants to live forever,Who dares to love forever,When love must die.But touch my tears with your lips,Touch my world with your fingertips,And we can have forever,And we can love forever,Forever is our today,Who wants to live forever,Who wants to live forever,Forever is our today,Who waits forever anyway?

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Not necessarily one of the greatest from the decade, but I've always though "New Religion" by Duran Duran has a really Miami Vice feel to it...

One of my favorites as well. I'm a big fan of Foreigner.

cool my friend,i find the episode" Rites Of Passage " :thumbsup:. the music from foreigner is That's just about the limit:thumbsup::cool::clap:. my absolut favorit is "Out Where The Buses Don't Run " the music from dire straits "Brother in Arms":):thumbsup::eek::clap:

Yep this song could have been used as a Vice track.

Errm... that song WAS used as a Vice Track. Or at least the Split Mix was' date=' it's used in [b']Death and the Lady.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Level 42, Something About You.Shades of Boz Scaggs :)

"Something About You"Ooh...Ooh...How - how can it be that a loveCarved out of caring fashioned by fateCould suffer so hardFrom the games played much too oftenBut making mistakes is a partOf life's imperfections born of the yearsIs it so wrong to be human after allDrawn into the streamOf undefined illusionThose diamond dreamsThey can't disguise the truthThat there is something about youBaby so rightI wouldn't be without you baby tonightIf ever our love was concealedNo one can say that we didn't feelA million thingsAnd a perfect dream of lifeGone, fragile but freeWe remain tender togetherIf not so in loveIt's not so wrongWe're only human after allThese changing yearsThey add to your confusionOh and you need to hear the timeThat told the truthThat there is something about youBaby so rightDon't want to be without youBaby tonightBecause there's something about youBaby so rightI couldn't live without youBaby tonightOoh...Ooh...And there's something about youI couldn't live without youTonight

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

cool my friend,i find the episode" Rites Of Passage " :thumbsup:. the music from foreigner is That's just about the limit:thumbsup: :cool::clap:. my absolut favorit is "Out Where The Buses Don't Run " the music from dire straits "Brother in Arms" :):thumbsup::eek::clap:

I replayed that scene many many times ...Brothers in Arms is just a great track, and the album of the same name has many other great songs as well, such as ---Why Worry was never a big hit but the music is haunting. Have a listen:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

The other day i was a little obessed with that fleetwood mac song "Little Lies"I must have played it like 20 times ha. Gotta love campy 80s stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mercy Street ...From Killshot

"Mercy Street"looking down on empty streets, all she can seeare the dreams all made solidare the dreams all made realall of the buildings, all of those carswere once just a dreamin somebody's headshe pictures the broken glass, she pictures the steamshe pictures a soulwith no leak at the seamlets take the boat outwait until darknesslet's take the boat outwait until darkness comesnowhere in the corridors of pale green and greynowhere in the suburbsin the cold light of daythere in the midst of it so alive and alonewords support like bonedreaming of mercy st.wear your inside outdreaming of mercyin your daddy('s arms againdreaming of mercy st.'swear they moved that signdreaming of mercyin your daddy's armspulling out the papers from the drawers that slide smoothtugging at the darkness, word upon wordconfessing all the secret things in the warm velvet boxto the priest-he's the doctorhe can handle the shocksdreaming of the tenderness-the tremble in the hipsof kissing Mary's lipsdreaming of mercy st.wear your insides outdreaming of mercyin your daddy's arms againdreaming of mercy st.'swear they moved that signlooking for mercyin your daddy's armsmercy, mercy, looking for mercymercy, mercy, looking for mercyAnne, with her father is out in the boatriding the waterriding the waves on the sea

Watched Killshot this AM. Love this track and others in this episode...Eminence Front (the Who) and Desire (Yello).

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 2 weeks later...

Blood and Roses, from The Savage (Duty and Honor)

It was long ago.It seems like yesterday.I saw you standing in the rain,Then I heard you say,"I want to love, but it comes out wrong.I want to live, but I don't belong."I close my eyes and I seeBlood and roses.I brought flowers in the springtime.October, we were wed.In winter time, the roses died.Her blood ran cold, and then she said,"I want to love, but it comes out wrong.I want to live, but I don't belong."I close my eyes and I seeBlood and roses.It was long ago.It seems like yesterday.I saw you standing in the rain,Then I heard you say,"I need your love, but it comes out wrong.I've tried to live, but I don't belong."I close my eyes and I seeBlood and roses.

One of my favorite eps from S3, great plot, music, and return of the Castillo Southeast Asia connection storyline.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 2 weeks later...