The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

So Cicchetto (spelling on the business listing) of Auto Design Mfg Inc (ADMI) did all the leather and custom interior work on Car 4 for Markidian? Am not really clear on the relationship between Cicchetto and Markidian. Am getting a bit confused now on looks. The door shown in some screen caps with the open cutout in the door is what was orginally done on Car4 by ADMI?Can you show some photos of what Car4 doors look like now' date=' as well as what look you are wanting to duplicate for your car please? Yes if MCB didn't pay then that would explain why ADMI would contract directly with the original owner of my car. Strips? Not really sure what you describing now unless you mean the black striping on the seats?So you're saying ADMI also designed some fiberglass panels as well as doing all the dashwork and custom leather work on the doors and seats? What kind of fiberglass panels did he do?As in customized dash to look like a Ferrari dash and the use of actual Ferrari lenses and emblems?Will be interested to see how your conversation goes with whoever is running the ADMI shop today. I thought since the business was still an automotive name that perhaps a relative had carried on the business and I was excited to see an invoice from them on work done to my car. Almost wondering if they still do this kind of work what it would cost to ship my car to them for some revisions. So Car1 was never touched then by Cicchetto or ADMI? Great information here JN. Am still trying to get my head around most of it and to learn who I can talk to in order to revise my interior to something much closer to Car4 in the show.[/quote']yeah the black striping on the seats, that all black daytona striping with the black breathing holes on them and yeah car 4 had those door panels that it was made with back in 81 in the show sans the grab handle all the way up until its retirement when either Roberts or the owner before camera replaced them with the rowley units 81 - 87http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5917&stc=1&d=1336022086and it looks like theres some sort of a cut on them in the last episode of the second season in addition to there distressed look from tales of the goat probably explaining why they were replaced http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5919&stc=1&d=1336022812http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5920&stc=1&d=1336022814probably scuff and rubbing marks on the right one from PMT constantly jumping out of the thing for the first 3 seasons and with the missing grab handles it looks like there might have been nothing there to anchor them in when pushing on them atleast on the bottom of the handle.and nowhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5918&stc=1&d=1336022088Eingefügtes Bildrowley units sans the chrome and a custom arm rest however while the door panels were changed it still has the original vette door handles in the same position they were in on the custom ones that were put on it before vice meaning those are still probably original and what were used in the show.

post-109-13892964415885_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296441606_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296441651_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964416828_thumb.jpg

yeah the black striping on the seats' date=' that all black daytona striping with the black breathing holes on them and yeah car 4 had those door panels that it was made with back in 81 in the show sans the grab handle all the way up until its retirement when either Roberts or the owner before camera replaced them with the rowley units 81 - 87[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5917&stc=1&d=1336022086
Yes, thanks, this looks like car4 in S2 I think but wanted to confirm with JN that is what he is looking to copy. and it looks like theres some sort of a cut on them in the last episode of the second season in addition to there distressed look from tales of the goat probably explaining why they were replaced http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5919&stc=1&d=1336022812http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5920&stc=1&d=1336022814probably scuff and rubbing marks on the right one from PMT constantly jumping out of the thing for the first 3 seasons and with the missing grab handles it looks like there might have been nothing there to anchor them in when pushing on them atleast on the bottom of the handle.
and nowhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5918&stc=1&d=1336022088
Can't tell if this is JNs car or is Car 4 present day?
rowley units sans the chrome and a custom arm rest however while the door panels were changed it still has the original vette door handles in the same position they were in on the custom ones that were put on it before vice meaning those are still probably original and what were used in the show.
So the Car4 show doors above then would have had the standard door arm rest and handle still in the same position under the custom work that resembles a cutout? Then my armrest and handle may still remain in the same position after re-customization?

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5919&stc=1&d=1336022812http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5920&stc=1&d=1336022814probably scuff and rubbing marks on the right one from PMT constantly jumping out of the thing for the first 3 seasons and with the missing grab handles it looks like there might have been nothing there to anchor them in when pushing on them atleast on the bottom of the handle.Can't tell if this is JNs car or is Car 4 present day? So the Car4 show doors above then would have had the standard door arm rest and handle still in the same position under the custom work that resembles a cutout? Then my armrest and handle may still remain in the same position after re-customization?

car 4 present day, Jurassics has the stock vette door panels with the kicker carpet panels on themEingefügtes Bildthis is Jurassics car when the work on the dash was just finished.the door handles to open and close the car yes, but the arm rest is removed or built upon and then covered with a new leather coveringand that would be using the stock vette door panel as the basis, I think your car is using the rowley door handles like car 4 with the leg of the arm rest mounted horizontally not vertically like on car 4 actually come think of it do you have any good shots of your door panels? I dont think I've really seen them upclose come to think of it.actually if the door panel and arm rest is built upon and covered in leather and the speaker is brought out to conform to the new leather covering it would explain the position of the grab handle and the gap between the arm rest and the door and why it sticks out like it does yet still conforms enough to the car to allow it to work normally presumabily.actually hold on a tick, why is it that car 4's driver side door panel has that insert of car 1 in that shot?http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5894&stc=1&d=1335669962Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5919&stc=1&d=1336022812the line there below DJ's arm, thats car 1 in this shot from sons and lovers, the last episode of S2, wonder if they shot it early in the season then as Jurrasic had said car 1 was taken apart towards the end of the second season in an attempt to make a TR replica out of it.

Door PanelsHey S-B...I know I've bugged you about your dash before, but if you're going to emulate the look of the show cars' door panels I'd be interested in your door panels as well. I basically want to have a replica Ferrari dash (but black on top, tan on the front), replica Ferrari door panels, and seats like the show cars.If anybody else is swapping things out on their Daytonas (getting rid of the headlight covers, changing out their wheel spinners, swapping steering wheels, etc.) PLEASE keep me in mind...some of the stuff you guys want to look like the show car I'd rather look like the Ferrari. Guess I built too many of those model kits when I was a kid, until a few years ago I thought that's what the cars on the show looked like.Hoping to start making modifications to mine soon, working for a company that's going through a very public bankruptcy hasn't helped me make much progress yet, though I've not quite owned it for 18 months.-Brian W

Hey S-B...I know I've bugged you about your dash before' date=' but if you're going to emulate the look of the show cars' door panels I'd be interested in your door panels as well. I basically want to have a replica Ferrari dash (but black on top, tan on the front), replica Ferrari door panels, and seats like the show cars.If anybody else is swapping things out on their Daytonas (getting rid of the headlight covers, changing out their wheel spinners, swapping steering wheels, etc.) PLEASE keep me in mind...some of the stuff you guys want to look like the show car I'd rather look like the Ferrari. Guess I built too many of those model kits when I was a kid, until a few years ago I thought that's what the cars on the show looked like.Hoping to start making modifications to mine soon, working for a company that's going through a very public bankruptcy hasn't helped me make much progress yet, though I've not quite owned it for 18 months.-Brian W[/quote']ah so you wanna shoot for the volo cars dash then huh?http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5925&stc=1&d=1336104150

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcbOucaeUM

the one thing I think wouldnt put on though is the metal plate the replica dashs have like on this oneEingefügtes Bild and maybe use some different style gauges but still circular as to eminate the ones on the show car as the rowley ones look too busy for my taste with the red and yellow dials atleast on this one which looks like it may have been a custom oneEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildactually what kind of dash does your car have? 78 - 82?

post-592-13892964417116_thumb.jpg

Daytona DashAgreed on the metal plate. Something looks off about the Volo dash, but yes, that's closer. I think S-B's is like what I'm looking for, did a quick look but couldn't find a pic. I basically want the Rowley dash, it has a Ferrari-style gauge cluster, round vents on top, and a glove box. I think his has the GM vent openings and controls in the middle (as mine does), which is okay with me.The one I have is flat and the gauges are in deeply recessed holes. I've only ever seen one other McBurnie in person and it's dash was similar (but had one large hole for the two main gauges).Mine's not terrible, keep in mind these are long term goals, so it's plenty fine for the time being. It's just flat and has no glove box, which is annoying. I could probably buy a Rowley glove box door and make it work.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5926[/ATTACH]-Brian W

post-9934-13892964417791_thumb.jpg

The car looks FANTASTIC JN. I'm jealous, it's going to take several years (and lots of $) to get my car anywhere close to the level yours is. I noticed you said:

If I ever repaint the antenna and the emblem could be corrected' date=' but I like having the back up light and the mirror on the windshield. And I have not been able to find a McBurnie grill.[/quote']I could be wrong about this, but I've been looking to swap out my side mirrors for the Vitalonis (as are on yours) and I was looking at where they're mounted. It looks like yours are mounted up on the part of the door that's almost horizontal whereas it looks like the show car's are mounted down past the body line, where it's more vertical.I think yours looks great, but if you repaint and are thinking about moving the antenna that'd be a good time to move the mirrors if, in fact, I'm right. And if you care, which you may not.-Brian W

5926[/ATTACH]-Brian W

yeah yours is using the 1968 - 1976 circular gauges, hell it looks exacltly like the same 76 dash its just that the AC controls are on the top of the dash:Eingefügtes Bildand up until the 77 revision there was no glove box, hence why its probably missing from your car although you could probably get those leather pockets added on and I was kind of thinking of replicating that bit with the 78 - 82 dash by having aftermarket gauges put in over the 78 - 82 binacle as to be more in tune with the 60's style of the car along with a different steering wheel (a personal preference of mine as most of the cars I'm a fan of are from the 60's and early 70's with a few cars like the Audi Ur Quattro and the lotus from the 80's mixed in)one thing though, what about the door panels as hell it looks like its got the same speaker from car 4 during the shows run on it and they dont look stock either.and yeah on the show car the tornados are mounted more on the side and hanging just below where the hood line curves into the door line on car 4Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5928&stc=1&d=1336111817where his are just higher up but more or less in the same position similar to this later mcburnieEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5927&stc=1&d=1336111815

post-109-13892964418302_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296441974_thumb.jpg

Daytona Door PanelsYeah, my door panels are even weirder. I mean they look nice but the interior was done with a two tone scheme and I haven't seen anything else like them. The door handles are down low, just like in the 68-76 Vettes (mine's built on a '71). And they've got big 6x9 speakers in them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5929[/ATTACH]-Brian W

post-9934-1389296442011_thumb.jpg

5929[/ATTACH]-Brian W

Sorry I have been out of pocket for a few days.Your car, Brian, has the standard McBurnie door panels and early to mid-range dash. This would be the fiberglass trim items shipped with a kit of that time frame. Not sure where the door panel design came from, but the dash seems to be an attempt at blending the pre-1978 Corvette dash with the Ferrari dash. Maybe not a total failure, but for sure not anyone's best work.The door panels frames I found are much simpler than the McBurnies, and will lend themselves to being molded like the show car frames for Car 4s doors. You are correct about the repainting being the time to re-locate the mirrors. That is another long term issue. My fiberglass is cracking on the passenger door along the trailing edge, and will have to be re-done at some point.If I were going to try to go with a Ferrari style dash, I would not do a two tone. The actual Ferrari dash was done in leather called Mouse Hair (or could be Mouse Fur) which is very expensive. But the faux suede available at most fabric stores (in black or dark gray) is a great substitute. Any decent upholstery shop could take one of the faux Ferrari dashes and cover them in the suede with contrasting or matching stitching.

The car looks FANTASTIC JN. I'm jealous' date=' it's going to take several years (and lots of $) to get my car anywhere close to the level yours is. -Brian W[/quote']I am on my seventh year of work. And I will not be tied to a dollar figure as long and both my wife and I are living. It can only result in problems!!

Sorry I have been out of pocket for a few days.Your car' date=' Brian, has the standard McBurnie door panels and early to mid-range dash. This would be the fiberglass trim items shipped with a kit of that time frame. Not sure where the door panel design came from, but the dash seems to be an attempt at blending the pre-1978 Corvette dash with the Ferrari dash. Maybe not a total failure, but for sure not anyone's best work.The door panels frames I found are much simpler than the McBurnies, and will lend themselves to being molded like the show car frames for Car 4s doors. You are correct about the repainting being the time to re-locate the mirrors. That is another long term issue. My fiberglass is cracking on the passenger door along the trailing edge, and will have to be re-done at some point.If I were going to try to go with a Ferrari style dash, I would not do a two tone. The actual Ferrari dash was done in leather called Mouse Hair (or could be Mouse Fur) which is very expensive. But the faux suede available at most fabric stores (in black or dark gray) is a great substitute. Any decent upholstery shop could take one of the faux Ferrari dashes and cover them in the suede with contrasting or matching stitching.[/quote']actually brian I forgot to mention something incase you didnt know, your cars definintely using C4 mirrors mounted in the same position as Jurrasics and that early mcburnie:Eingefügtes Bildand it looks like someone took the earlier door panels and covered them in a custom leather over them with some minor mods to it mixed in with the other leather pad on them in the center, I kind of like it although I think I would put a stock door handle or a latter power door lock with the controls as part of the door mechanism itself rather than separate like they were on the 81's in the middle of the stripe area to make it easier to grab yet still make it hard for someone to grab in from the outside if there trying to break into itEingefügtes Bildalthough I kind of have something else in mind to protect it already.http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1976/1976e/index.htmlhttp://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1976/1976e/index.html

Here is where your door began. These pictures are of a McBurnie kit in the raw.

and that's fiberglass right? what are the normal door panels made out of come to think of it? normal plastic or some sort of foam?I'm saying foam as part of the question because I think it actually said in that corvette book by Tom Falconer that part of the early door panels was a cheap foam/plastic that usually degraded after a few years and that the replacement parts made nowadays were of a higher quality than the stock ones provided by GMand any idea what the car 4 door panels were made using? fiberglass or the normal vette ones as a basis? or both?

and that's fiberglass right? what are the normal door panels made out of come to think of it? normal plastic or some sort of foam?I'm saying foam as part of the question because I think it actually said in that corvette book by Tom Falconer that part of the early door panels was a cheap foam/plastic that usually degraded after a few years and that the replacement parts made nowadays were of a higher quality than the stock ones provided by GMand any idea what the car 4 door panels were made using? fiberglass or the normal vette ones as a basis? or both?

Any door panel, or other interior part for that matter, will be some basic forming material (fiberglass, fiber board, plastic, etc.) covered with foam and then finished with leather or vinyl. Because the rest of the car is made with fiberglass, I'm sure it was easy to manufacture the parts in fiberglass. The Car 4 dash appears to be fiberglass based. There is no real advantage to using the plastic or fiberboard Corvette door panel as a starting point since the door is so thin that cobbling it all together would be a bigger mess.The newer foam is better quality and less likely to hold moisture. And the newer door panels from COrvette shops are made from plastic panels with a foam and vinyl/leather cover.

Great info as always, thanks JN and Kavinsky. I know this thread is supposed to be about the cars from the show, but it's got to be the most comprehensive McBurnie Daytona thread on the internet.-Brian W

So Cicchetto (spelling on the business listing) of Auto Design Mfg Inc (ADMI) did all the leather and custom interior work on Car 4 for Markidian? Am not really clear on the relationship between Cicchetto and Markidian. Am getting a bit confused now on looks. The door shown in some screen caps with the open cutout in the door is what was orginally done on Car4 by ADMI?Can you show some photos of what Car4 doors look like now' date=' as well as what look you are wanting to duplicate for your car please? Yes if MCB didn't pay then that would explain why ADMI would contract directly with the original owner of my car. Strips? Not really sure what you describing now unless you mean the black striping on front of the seats ?So you're saying ADMI also designed some fiberglass panels as well as doing all the dashwork and custom leather work on the doors and seats? What kind of fiberglass panels did he do?As in customized dash to look like a Ferrari dash and the use of actual Ferrari lenses and emblems?Will be interested to see how your conversation goes with whoever is running the ADMI shop today. I thought since the business was still an automotive name that perhaps a relative had carried on the business and I was excited to see an invoice from them on work done to my car. Almost wondering if they still do this kind of work what it would cost to ship my car to them for some revisions. So Car1 was never touched then by Cicchetto or ADMI? Great information here JN. Am still trying to get my head around most of it and to learn who I can talk to in order to revise my interior to something much closer to Car4 in the show.[/quote']Still looking for some thoughts on the above from JurassicNarc but also wondering on the seats after watching Yankee Dollar tonight. The wide seatback stripes look to me to be a darkish brown color as opposed to black and that calls into question the clor of the striping on the front of the seats (back and seat cushion) as well. Thinking the color is really a dark brown vs a black as I thought some were saying.

Any door panel' date=' or other interior part for that matter, will be some basic forming material (fiberglass, fiber board, plastic, etc.) covered with foam and then finished with leather or vinyl. Because the rest of the car is made with fiberglass, I'm sure it was easy to manufacture the parts in fiberglass. The Car 4 dash appears to be fiberglass based. There is no real advantage to using the plastic or fiberboard Corvette door panel as a starting point since the door is so thin that cobbling it all together would be a bigger mess.The newer foam is better quality and less likely to hold moisture. And the newer door panels from COrvette shops are made from plastic panels with a foam and vinyl/leather cover.[/quote']and under it it would be supported by the door frame and just the door frame correct? I'm just trying to get this all straight in my head.
Great info as always' date=' thanks JN and Kavinsky. I know this thread is supposed to be about the cars from the show, but it's got to be the most comprehensive McBurnie Daytona thread on the internet.-Brian W[/quote']Thanks and well any daytona replica really as this info could be applied to probably even the Jaguar XJ12 replicas in some form or another or even the 240 Z based ones
Still looking for some thoughts on the above but also wondering on the seats after watching Yankee Dollar tonight. The wide seatback stripes look to me to be a darkish brown color as opposed to black and that calls into question the striping on the front of the seats (back and seat cushion) as well. Thinking the color is really a dark brown vs a black as I thought some were saying.
that might be because I think they were using Car 1 for that bit in yankee dollar as the dash looks much flatter than it usually did as its raised and then kind of sunk around the center of the console on car 4 like herehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5945&stc=1&d=1336287858From Florence Italy where as in that close up shot from yankee dollar its flat and lower than the tint line in general in that shothttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5944&stc=1&d=1336287856and it was cloudy and rainy when they pulled up (note the rain droplets in the right opening on the hood there) making the tan look almost brown' date=' plus I think with the dvd transfer they might have muted the colors a touch from the original tapes making it seem darker and browner than what it was. Possibly making the black leather striping look brownish rather than straight black as I had noted that the DVD transfer for the first two seasons has sort of an earth tone like look to it sometimes and Miami is not as bright as it looks on Burn Notice which also shoots in Miami and they have used some of the locations from MV on there (namely the freefall end scene to a tee I might add and a few others and that 73' Jet black charger and the shots taken of it are definitely a homage to Vice and the Daytona) and those looked to be brighter in the daytime than they did in vice back in 84' and 85' on the dvd transfers.although however it seems like the side stripes are a matt black leather and the center stripes on the seat are of a gloss leather, hence why I think the leather strap on the back was gloss and the carpet was put on the back to match the striping on the sides, to give it a subtile matching property to the eye.anyways I was having a brain storm yesterday and it occured to me that the grill of the mcburnie is straight aluminium metal or something close to it and well some sort of firearms polish for a stainless steel gun might work on it as those are uncoated guns with no gloss coat or paint on them as well, unless its a CZ 75 as they sometimes did literally paint there guns instead of blue them back in russia to save costs and money. so something like mothers mag polish here

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBmVR9FiO4&feature=plcp

could work on it plus it apparently has an aluminimn based varity, and skip to 1:05

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt6ProYtzjo

wonder if that's what happened to the grill after all, they tried to polish it and it dulled it like that by complete accident.or perhaps even that polishing pad I had for the stainless steel dan wesson to get the lead off of it after shooting could work as well although I cant remember who made that at this current momentalthough I would advise testing this with some random bit of oxidized or rough aluminum to make sure it works before trying it on the grill.the other thing that could be possibily used is some sort of jewlery dremmel tool with a polishing attachment with an attachment that is about the same height as the openings in the grill as to try and make the job of polishing it far easier regardless if its with regular polish or that mothers mag polish using that tool.

post-592-13892964421412_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964421725_thumb.jpg

that might be because I think they were using Car 1 for that bit in yankee dollar as the dash looks much flatter than it usually did as its raised and then kind of sunk around the center of the console on car 4 like hereand it was cloudy and rainy when they pulled up (note the rain droplets in the right opening on the hood there) making the tan look almost brown' date=' plus I think with the dvd transfer they might have muted the colors a touch from the original tapes making it seem darker and browner than what it was. Possibly making the black leather striping look brownish rather than straight black as I had noted that the DVD transfer for the first two seasons has sort of an earth tone like look to it sometimes and Miami is not as bright as it looks on Burn Notice which also shoots in Miami and they have used some of the locations from MV on there (namely the freefall end scene to a tee I might add and a few others and that 73' Jet black charger and the shots taken of it are definitely a homage to Vice and the Daytona) and those looked to be brighter in the daytime than they did in vice back in 84' and 85' on the dvd transfers.although however it seems like the side stripes are a matt black leather and the center stripes on the seat are of a gloss leather, hence why I think the leather strap on the back was gloss and the carpet was put on the back to match the striping on the sides, to give it a subtile matching property to the eye.[/quote']Actually I have always thought the seat striping (front and back) was a dark brown as opposed to black as every screen capture I have seen on either car shows it to be a brown color (imo) and seems pretty distinctively so to me. (The scene I was referring to was when a girl resembling Sara pulled up next to him at a stoplight. )Also my seats are the same color as Car4 and my seat striping is the same brown color that I see in the screen caps. So if Car4 has black stripes today is it possible they were added after the car left the show?Would like CameraDaytona and jurassicnarc to weigh on on this as well please.
anyways I was having a brain storm yesterday and it occured to me that the grill of the mcburnie is straight aluminium metal or something close to it and well some sort of firearms polish for a stainless steel gun might work on it as those are uncoated guns with no gloss coat or paint on them as well, unless its a CZ 75 as they sometimes did literally paint there guns instead of blue them back in russia to save costs and money. so something like mothers mag polish here
Good thoughts and appreciate the research here. I would be reluctant to try stainless cleaner though on aluminum as they are completely different metals. I think I need to talk to some specialty shops and maybe auto body shops as you mentioned before to get their views on aluminum. I'm going to have the car detailed soon as the interior is filthy (never had it detailed as I thought a dash assembly would come along much sooner) and I will ask about that.

Actually I have always thought the seat striping (front and back) was a dark brown as opposed to black as every screen capture I have seen on either car shows it to be a brown color (imo) and seems pretty distinctively so to me. (The scene I was referring to was when a girl resembling Sara pulled up next to him at a stoplight. )Also my seats are the same color as Car4 and my seat striping is the same brown color that I see in the screen caps. So if Car4 has black stripes today is it possible they were added after the car left the show?Would like CameraDaytona and jurassicnarc to weigh on on this as well please. Good thoughts and appreciate the research here. I would be reluctant to try stainless cleaner though on aluminum as they are completely different metals. I think I need to talk to some specialty shops and maybe auto body shops as you mentioned before to get their views on aluminum. I'm going to have the car detailed soon as the interior is filthy (never had it detailed as I thought a dash assembly would come along much sooner) and I will ask about that.
The trim, according to Carl was black and a light tan (almost butter-cream). With that being said, the color of tan changes from picture to picture. As far as I know the carpet, and the leather trim was all black. The only exception is the carpet on the bottom of the dash which is a rust color. The seat backs have carpet on them because that is what the 1978-82 Corvette seats had. I would guess that it is easier to do that than to fill in that area and then cover with leather.I have never been able to get an answer to why the black stripe was added to the back of the seats. Carl has no recollection why it was done, and since it was done between Season one and Season two it was done at his shop. I thought about the stripe giving the illusion of a headrest, but it is much to wide for that.It would be great to get some clear definition as to what materials and colors were used. 1-What kind of carpet was used for the floors; 2-what color leather was used for the main color and the trim and what kind of leather; 3-what color carpet was used at the bottom of the dash, and why is it different than any other capret in the car; 4-what color wood trim was used, what kind of wood was it No one seems to have any particular recollection. The literature indicates Wilton Wool and Connolly leather, but the carpet seems more like German Velour. The wood looks different in every picture that you see. And for that matter, so does the color of the tan leather. If the color in the Camera Car is the same as from the show, then the leather is a very light tan with black trim. The carpet is black. Sometimes the more you learn the more questions it generates.JN

The trim' date=' according to Carl was black and a light tan (almost butter-cream). With that being said' date=' the color of tan changes from picture to picture. As far as I know the carpet, and the leather trim was all black. The only exception is the carpet on the bottom of the dash which is a rust color. The seat backs have carpet on them because that is what the 1978-82 Corvette seats had. I would guess that it is easier to do that than to fill in that area and then cover with leather.I have never been able to get an answer to why the black stripe was added to the back of the seats. Carl has no recollection why it was done, and since it was done between Season one and Season two it was done at his shop. I thought about the stripe giving the illusion of a headrest, but it is much to wide for that.It would be great to get some clear definition as to what materials and colors were used. 1-What kind of carpet was used for the floors; 2-what color leather was used for the main color and the trim and what kind of leather; 3-what color carpet was used at the bottom of the dash, and why is it different than any other capret in the car; 4-what color wood trim was used, what kind of wood was it No one seems to have any particular recollection. The literature indicates Wilton Wool and Connolly leather, but the carpet seems more like German Velour. The wood looks different in every picture that you see. And for that matter, so does the color of the tan leather. If the color in the Camera Car is the same as from the show, then the leather is a very light tan with black trim. The carpet is black. Sometimes the more you learn the more questions it generates.JN[/quote'']Thanks JN. Agreed on the carpet, trim and forward section of the dash cover being all black. My seatbacks still have the carpeted backs and the same metal bucket housing for the actual seat foam and leather cover. The screen caps I saw last night struck me that the seat back wide stripes appeared really brown in the S2 episodes...a dark chocolate brown. I recall that you have told me from Day 1 that the seat striping was always black but since I bought my large screen hi-def tv mid year last year every screen cap that I have looked at in any ep to me looks like the stripes are a dark brown. I watched a few eps last night again and the color seemed consistently a dark chocolate brown. As you know, my car has the same color configuration I am describing of a light tan Connolly leather seat but with the dark chocolate brown striping on the seat cushions --top and bottom. No striping on my metal seatbacks. And we now know that the same company in San Diego that did Car4 also did my interior.I really did not see a lot of seat color variation on the S2 eps I was watching, and they were closeups, leading me to believe they were mostly if not all taken with Car4. So unless someone has some other good screen caps that show the color differently I really am pretty sure the colors of the striping on the seats and back (Season 2) are a dark chocolate. Would love to see a bunch of caps posted or better yet maybe the current owner of ADMI can confirm the color of the seat and back striping for us? Agreed it would be good to get clarity from someone in the know on the color schemes and materials throughout the interior ...thinking ADMI may be our best bet unless Carl changed the stripe colors after Season 2...not recalling when he took the cars for some interior rework.I also wondered about the seat-back stripes and maybe was an attempt to distract from the obvious Vette seat appearance to give more of a Ferrari look.... perhaps. I thought also perhaps that when Car 4 went to Carl Roberts at the end of their run, and as he added a black center console, that perhaps at that time he changed out the seat trim to black (from brown) to better match up to the black carpets.So that could explain why they are black today? Can you post a current shot of Car 4 striping as well?Thanks again for your comments.. and when you can, would you have a look at post #1150 in this thread as well pls?S-B

I also wondered about the seat-back stripes and maybe was an attempt to distract from the obvious Vette seat appearance to give more of a Ferrari look.... perhaps.
My seats are '71 seats and the release to tilt the seat forward is a big button on the back of the seat (at the top), exactly where the seat-back stripes are on the show car. If I assume the later Vette seats had the same release, maybe the seat-back stripes were just to cover up the seat release buttons?-Brian W

My seats are '71 seats and the release to tilt the seat forward is a big button on the back of the seat (at the top)' date=' exactly where the seat-back stripes are on the show car. If I assume the later Vette seats had the same release' date=' maybe the seat-back stripes were just to cover up the seat release buttons?-Brian W[/quote'']No, the 78-82 Vette doesn't have a seat back release on the back.

post-109-1389296442343_thumb.jpg

Thanks JN. Agreed on the carpet' date=' trim and forward section of the dash cover being all black. My seatbacks still have the carpeted backs and the same metal bucket housing for the actual seat foam and leather cover. The screen caps I saw last night struck me that the seat back wide stripes appeared really brown in the S2 episodes...a dark chocolate brown. I recall that you have told me from Day 1 that the seat striping was always black but since I bought my large screen hi-def tv mid year last year every screen cap that I have looked at in any ep to me looks like the stripes are a dark brown. I watched a few eps last night again and the color seemed consistently a dark chocolate brown. As you know' date=' my car has the same color configuration I am describing of a light tan Connolly leather seat but with the dark chocolate brown striping on the seat cushions --top and bottom. No striping on my metal seatbacks. And we now know that the same company in San Diego that did Car4 also did my interior.I really did not see a lot of seat color variation on the S2 eps I was watching, and they were closeups, leading me to believe they were mostly if not all taken with Car4. So unless someone has some other good screen caps that show the color differently I really am pretty sure the colors of the striping on the seats and back (Season 2) are a dark chocolate. Would love to see a bunch of caps posted or better yet maybe the current owner of ADMI can confirm the color of the seat and back striping for us? Agreed it would be good to get clarity from someone in the know on the color schemes and materials throughout the interior ...thinking ADMI may be our best bet unless Carl changed the stripe colors after Season 2...not recalling when he took the cars for some interior rework.I also wondered about the seat-back stripes and maybe was an attempt to distract from the obvious Vette seat appearance to give more of a Ferrari look.... perhaps. I thought also perhaps that when Car 4 went to Carl Roberts at the end of their run, and as he added a black center console, that perhaps at that time he changed out the seat trim to black (from brown) to better match up to the black carpets.So that could explain why they are black today? Can you post a current shot of Car 4 striping as well?Thanks again for your comments.. and when you can, would you have a look at post #1150 in this thread as well pls?S-B[/quote'']Looks black to me. And every reference I have ever seen is to the tan with black trim.None of the current employees at ADMI can recall anything about the Mardikians, and don't have much recollection of the McBurnie cars. I have spoken with both companies in the past (as near as I can tell the third company no longer exists), but that was several years ago.BTW Carl did not add the black center console. The person who bought the car from him had it reworked to have everthing in working order. It is beleived, although not 100%, that the changes to the shifter, the shift console and the guage console were changed out at that time. That may also be when the door panels were changed.Between filters, lighting variations, and the variety of things that can change the appearance of colors on film, I am sticking with the simplist answer. I am reminded of the Captain's uniform worn on Star Trek that appeared green on the show, but was actually a shade of gold velour.Not saying you are wrong, just saying I think that is a question that will never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

post-109-13892964423624_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892964423817_thumb.jpg

Looks black to me. And every reference I have ever seen is to the tan with black trim.None of the current employees at ADMI can recall anything about the Mardikians' date=' and don't have much recollection of the McBurnie cars. I have spoken with both companies in the past (as near as I can tell the third company no longer exists)' date=' but that was several years ago.BTW Carl did not add the black center console. The person who bought the car from him had it reworked to have everthing in working order. It is beleived, although not 100%, that the changes to the shifter, the shift console and the guage console were changed out at that time. That may also be when the door panels were changed.Between filters, lighting variations, and the variety of things that can change the appearance of colors on film, I am sticking with the simplist answer. I am reminded of the Captain's uniform worn on Star Trek that appeared green on the show, but was actually a shade of gold velour.Not saying you are wrong, just saying I think that is a question that will never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.[/quote'']LOL as to the Star Trek reference and I did actually know that bit of trivia about his uniform as I was a big fan in my youth. I recall watching the show on very low definition black and whites and color tvs many moons ago. I don't have the DVDs though to see how it looks on HD TV these days. As to the seats, I hear what you are saying about the potential for color interpretation but, imo, even in this second photo if you compare the top black dash cover with the wide seat back stripes, the stripes, at least to me, appear dark chocolate. There does seem to be a contrast in colors I think between the seat stripe and dash in the same shot. Maybe someone has access to some higher def pics they can post here. Back to Carl Roberts... I could be recalling wrong but I thought at one time you or someone may have mentioned that he re-did the striping on the seats as part of his maintenance??Thought if so perhaps he could have changed out the color but now that you mention about all the work done on Car4 after Carl, then it is conceivable that black could have been added at that point if we accept that they may have been changed. So on that thought or premise, do you have a straight on shot of the seats in Car4 (as it is today) that you personally took that I could see in here please ?