Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

15 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

The Long Good Friday.  An amazing brutal British crime film. 

Yeah its brilliant :thumbsup: up there with "Get Carter" (1971)

I just love the main theme, especially how it begins. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Miami Vice “One Way Ticket.” :)

…to Wallbrook with my brother Charlie Babbit  :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

…to Wallbrook with my brother Charlie Babbit  :p

I did just watch “Rain Man” again recently, haha, but that yellow Daytona definitely makes me think of Thurmond first.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I did just watch “Rain Man” again recently, haha, but that yellow Daytona definitely makes me think of Thurmond first.

My all-time favorite film :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

My all-time favorite film :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You obviously have a good heart:)

It was my grandmothers favorite film also and she said anyone who appreciates it has a good heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

You obviously have a good heart:)

It was my grandmothers favorite film also and she said anyone who appreciates it has a good heart.

I appreciate that man. 

True story:

My best friend has an 11 year old autistic son whom I’ve known and loved all his life. 

On a visit this past weekend, the boy reached for my hand, pulled me in, and pressed his head to mine for a few seconds. 

I excused myself to the restroom afterwards and cried for a few minutes. 

Autism speaks, and its stronger than any words I’ve ever heard. 

• Like 6

On 3/27/2022 at 12:08 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Correct! :clap: I didn’t know if anyone would recognize it or not? Diabolique (1955) was a French suspense thriller film, that ultimately spawned several American re-makes...some under the same title, others under different titles. One I remember was a TV movie called House of Secrets (1993), starring Melissa Gilbert & Bruce Bixleitner. 

Diabolique is a superbly done film, and the acting & locations are amazing! The Criterion Collection Special Edition Blu-ray is awesome, and includes tons of special features & trivia/production info! :thumbsup:

Anyone saw the 1996 American remake?

Starring Sharon Stone, Chaz Palmentieri and Isabelle Adjani.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

Anyone saw the 1996 American remake?

Starring Sharon Stone, Chaz Palmentieri and Isabelle Adjani.

No, but I’d like to...just to see how it compares to the original & some of the other remakes. :thumbsup: 

55 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Can you name one of the worst movies of all time.

Untitled.png.dbc220e8f1a0c6fc70ca53e902738502.png

Robbie C beat me to it, lol! Definitely one of the more ridiculous movies of the 80s! :) 

Maximum Overdrive is bad but very entertaining.  My wife and I drove over the draw bridge from the opening scene a few years ago.  Thankfully there were no weird comets that week so the bridge stayed closed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Maximum Overdrive.

"Sugar britches, the machine just called me an asshole..."

Correct!

King's excuse for this being so bad was being on so much cocaine when he directed the movie. Stick to writing Steve :)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Maximum Overdrive is bad but very entertaining.  My wife and I drove over the draw bridge from the opening scene a few years ago.  Thankfully there were no weird comets that week so the bridge stayed closed.

57 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

King's excuse for this being so bad was being on so much cocaine when he directed the movie. Stick to writing Steve :)

It can be an entertaining movie...but I’d have to be in the right mood, which is rarely for this kind of film any more, lol! :) It was hilarious to me as a kid, and some of the wild action scenes were okay. But, as an adult...now it’s just ridiculous! But, maybe after a couple drinks, it’d seem entertaining again? :cheers: :p

I knew it was written by Stephen King, but I’ll be honest—I didn’t remember he directed it, too! Not exactly his best story or script...but the cocaine might explain that, lol! ;) 

11 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

It can be an entertaining movie...but I’d have to be in the right mood, which is rarely for this kind of film any more, lol! :) It was hilarious to me as a kid, and some of the wild action scenes were okay. But, as an adult...now it’s just ridiculous! But, maybe after a couple drinks, it’d seem entertaining again? :cheers: :p

I knew it was written by Stephen King, but I’ll be honest—I didn’t remember he directed it, too! Not exactly his best story or script...but the cocaine might explain that, lol! ;) 

Here is a picture of him directing. I think the plot is just stupid with the trucks just wanting to be filled up with gas but spend they entire movie driving around wasting it. 

How Did This Get Made? Maximum Overdrive (An Oral History)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Here is a picture of him directing. I think the plot is just stupid with the trucks just wanting to be filled up with gas but spend they entire movie driving around wasting it. 

How Did This Get Made? Maximum Overdrive (An Oral History)

Lol...yeah, the plot is pretty stupid!