Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

• Administrators

L2-058 "Forgive Us Our Debts" Gina is sitting there dressed as a Nun while running license plates with Switek.

L2-058 "Forgive Us Our Debts" Gina is sitting there dressed as a Nun while running license plates with Switek.

Correct;Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild:clap:

• Administrators

L2-059: rating 7; Name the episode and scene where we see:Eingefügtes Bild

End of Red tape, Mac shoots himself.

To solve this one you need to use Google Earth or Bing Maps so it's a good exercise in location hunting. Shown is Miami's westernmost NS road at the time. The view is toward the west-northwest and there are still bridges at the same location. This was before the big Everglades drainage project and the Glades came almost up to this road.

Eingefügtes BildTwo points which should solve this case: Looking for a building in a season two episode. These waterways are still identifiable on Google Earth.

• Administrators

Eingefügtes BildTwo points which should solve this case: Looking for a building in a season two episode. These waterways are still identifiable on Google Earth.

Is this one of the canals from Stone's War with the house Maynard has Stone in a the end?

L2-060: rating 6; Name the episode and scene where we see:Eingefügtes Bild

Is this from Golden Triangle when Tubbs & Castillo are looking for the killer?

Is this one of the canals from Stone's War with the house Maynard has Stone in a the end?

No you can see the Miami River in this old photo.

Is this from Golden Triangle when Tubbs & Castillo are looking for the killer?

No' date=' sorry that is not it[/color']

Eingefügtes BildOK here is a summary of the clues for 057: You can see the Miami River in this photo. The site can be IDd by looking for the waterways in Google Earth or Bing Maps. Their direction and proximity are basically the same. The city has expanded far beyond the Everglades boundary you see in this old photo. Looking for a building you see in a Season two episode. Many of today's roads were not built in 1913 but today there are bridges in the same locations you see the bridges in the photo. This area is considered to be "downtown" now. Come on you smart detectives. Charlie solved this case a few years ago. If he can do it, you can too.

• Administrators

L2-057Let me start by saying I remember seeing this picture but don't have a clue what the location is. If I'm reading my google earth pic correctly (and I don't think I am) The Bank of America tower would be to the right of the river here? Am I even close to being on track?

L2-057Let me start by saying I remember seeing this picture but don't have a clue what the location is. If I'm reading my google earth pic correctly (and I don't think I am) The Bank of America tower would be to the right of the river here? Am I even close to being on track?

F-man- Yes. My primary computer is in the shop with a virus I can't clean and I'm using a very inadequate computer. Using a road map the BOA bldg looks to be about 3 1/2 miles SE of this site and the other side of the River.

• Administrators

For some reason I keep thinking "One Way Ticket" so I did a little snooping on C Glide's site and found this. Any luck?

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

L2-060: rating 6; Name the episode and scene where we see:Eingefügtes Bild

Heart of DarknessSeason 1Crockett and Tubbs are in Artie's Limo[ATTACH=CONFIG]3746[/ATTACH]

post-10210-13892963629235_thumb.jpg

For some reason I keep thinking "One Way Ticket" so I did a little snooping on C Glide's site and found this. Any luck?Eingefügtes Bild

No interesting photo but C Glide hasn't gotten to this episode yet. The bridge next to this building is much larger.

• Administrators

Are we by any chance talking about the bridge next to the OCB building?

Eingefügtes BildOK here is a summary of the clues for 057: You can see the Miami River in this photo. The site can be IDd by looking for the waterways in Google Earth or Bing Maps. Their direction and proximity are basically the same. The city has expanded far beyond the Everglades boundary you see in this old photo. Looking for a building you see in a Season two episode. Many of today's roads were not built in 1913 but today there are bridges in the same locations you see the bridges in the photo. This area is considered to be "downtown" now. Come on you smart detectives. Charlie solved this case a few years ago. If he can do it' date=' you can too.[/quote'] I think it is the location of the Falcon restaurant in Sons and Lovers - there's a drawbridge in ViceEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I think it is the location of the Falcon restaurant in Sons and Lovers - there's a drawbridge in ViceEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Wow Sue you got it. :thumbsup::clap::radio::balloon::clap::clap:Here is a 1997 photo of the same area. It's the 27th Ave bridge. Matching normally permanent geographic features was the way to solve this case. With a careful look at the old photo and matching it with today's geography you can see that the Miami River and the other waterway are about in the same proximity. The Falcon Cafe was on NW South River Drive/NW 27th Avenue right on the riverjust the other side of the drawbridge. Of couse NW South River Drive did not exist in 1913 so a little imagination is required. Eingefügtes Bild

Wow Sue you got it. :thumbsup::clap::radio::balloon::clap::clap:Here is a 1997 photo of the same area. It's the 27th Ave bridge. Matching normally permanent geographic features was the way to solve this case. With a careful look at the old photo and matching it with today's geography you can see that the Miami River and the other waterway are about in the same proximity. The Falcon Cafe was on NW South River Drive/NW 27th Avenue right on the riverjust the other side of the drawbridge. Of couse NW South River Drive did not exist in 1913 so a little imagination is required. !Eingefügtes Bild

Phew - got there in the end! I found an old map of Miami online a few days ago & got confused in relation to the roads of the current city. I still can't believe how much this particular area has changed since the 1980s - let alone the 1910s. I prefer it then (either incarnation) than now.

• Administrators

Nicely done Sue! Jim, could you circle exactly where the Falcon Restaurant would be on that picture?

I see that you experts have solved every open case so here is a new one. Kind of a two parter, or at least two answers but you only have to know one, to answer. L2-061: This location was originally used in a dramatic season 1 scene (rating 8) and re-used in a season 2 episode (rating 9). Name either or both episodes and scenes where we see: Eingefügtes Bild