What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

It actually eluded me for years that Sting sang backing vocals both on Money For Nothing and Phil Collins's Long Way To Go. Despite listening to both tracks about a zillion times.

Weird.

Here's a nice song (I think)...

• Like 2

Ah cool, easy payday. :thumbsup: I wonder if he got royalties for singing backing vocals on Phil Collins' "Long Long way to go" too. That's a great song.

--

Out of the two stings, I like this one the best.:D

Ah I misunderstood, wow so Sting got royalties just because he sings in the tune of one of his others songs on "Money for Nothing". Strange how that stuff works legally. I thought he'd get paid for just featuring on the tracks.

Daytona74 beat me to the "Long way to go" song anyway.:cool: Yes Brilliant song. I like "Garbage" too.

Edited by Vincent Hanna

Possibly Depeche Mode's greatest song of their early years.

I'm a big Depeche Mode fan... of everything that came before "Ultra" anyway, from 1981 to circa 1994. One of the few bands I like that I never got to see live. I know they are still active, but it wouldn't be the same. They were at their peak during the 101 and World Violation tours. I really wanted to like their Exciter album in 2001, but it just wasn't my kind of thing, just like most of what they do nowadays.

14 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

If we're talking Sheila E, then we've also got to talk Prince, because she owed her career to him... ;)

one of many tracks that proved Prince's musical genius... :thumbsup:

Since none of the instruments are plugged in, you can't really hear if he plays the guitar or just uses it as a prop! ?(

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

Since none of the instruments are plugged in, you can't really hear if he plays the guitar or just uses it as a prop! ?(

People have done worse... :)

estate_tax_george_bush.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

If we're talking Sheila E, then we've also got to talk Prince, because she owed her career to him... ;)

one of many tracks that proved Prince's musical genius... :thumbsup:

Yeah Prince had a unique style in his appearance and music. When he passed away, I searched for some of his songs on YouTube and none of it were to be found. I'm not really a fan as such, but "Party like it's 1999" is a great song.

5 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Another great musician who is sorely missed...

It might be ok if I just listened to the song on the radio..........watching the video turns my stomach! :wuerg:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, agent 47 said:

One of Yello's recently released songs. Amazing how their sound has stayed close to their work from the eighties in vibe. 

I got the whole album, it's amazing. Here is my favourite song from it: 

Along with Starlight Scene, and Dark Side. 

You know what, the whole album is amazing. They may be in their 70s, but they still have the magic touch.

• Like 1

Not saying that this is a good song (it really kind of isn't :p), but the video was shot in Miami around the time that the first "Vice" episodes were made (Wikipedia says June 1984).

From the looks of it, they may even have used Greenwich Studios...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Been covered by The Sundays and numerous of other artists. Mesmerizing beautiful voice and melody...

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Been covered by The Sundays and numerous of other artists. Mesmerizing beautiful voice and melody...

Great version ! Thanks for sharing :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Not saying that this is a good song (it really kind of isn't :p), but the video was shot in Miami around the time that the first "Vice" episodes were made (Wikipedia says June 1984).

From the looks of it, they may even have used Greenwich Studios...

This is really funny......the songs you like, I don't....... but like this one, you don't and yet I always thought was pretty good, especially the sax solo.

2 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

This is really funny......the songs you like, I don't....... but like this one, you don't and yet I always thought was pretty good, especially the sax solo.

Nice song shot around Miami around three months after the Pilot was shot ( March- April 1984) :D

• Like 1