Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

The best way to see Miami without actually being there is to watch Traveling Robert's videos.  He literally goes everywhere, puts a lot of time and effort into his up to date videos, really enjoys it, and is grateful for being in the USA and in Miami.  The place has changed tremendously but you can still see some familiar spots.  Whenever you have some time watch his videos.   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8BELp7GKIuBA63AAiWjEgmQD4DaxdTyq

Edited by miamijimf

7 hours ago, miamijimf said:

The best way to see Miami without actually being there is to watch Traveling Robert's videos.  He literally goes everywhere, puts a lot of time and effort into his up to date videos, really enjoys it, and is grateful for being in the USA and in Miami.  The place has changed tremendously but you can still see some familiar spots.  Whenever you have some time watch his videos.   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8BELp7GKIuBA63AAiWjEgmQD4DaxdTyq

Great Jim.     Miami....Vice

Edited by Matt5

:xmas:Downtown Miami 1960s - Bayfront Park bandshell and library (“Florence Italy”,  “Cool Runnin’ “.:xmas:

FD8E0EC6-BC0E-43F3-98F7-83AA60F7AF67.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

As previously posted the NBA Basketball team the Miami Heat adopted Vice pastel colors.  Their away jerseys are black with pastel piping but their home jerseys are:

The players don't seem to mind but I would have chosen another pastel color, light blue, bluish green etc.

i.png

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

As previously posted the NBA Basketball team the Miami Heat adopted Vice pastel colors.  Their away jerseys are black with pastel piping but their home jerseys are:

The players don't seem to mind but I would have chosen another pastel color, light blue, bluish green etc.

i.png

I hate the uniforms, grudgingly upvoting the post because it's on-topic  :)   That's hot pink, not a pastel, ya morons!!!

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

You're right airtommy, it's a little bright for pastel.  Didn't think of that.  Oh well at least I give them credit for thinking Vice.

• Like 1

Seems like they maybe were inspired by Season 3 neon colors. And the one Season 2 bright pink, that Crockett wore in "One Way Ticket." Or maybe their choice is just a reference to 80s bright colors, but for me too flashy and I would also have preferred a lighter blue tone. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, summer84 said:

Seems like they maybe were inspired by Season 3 neon colors. And the one Season 2 bright pink, that Crockett wore in "One Way Ticket." Or maybe their choice is just a reference to 80s bright colors, but for me too flashy and I would also have preferred a lighter blue tone. 

Good points Summer - The video I posted a month ago from Universal/ NBC with reference the Heat and the new Miami Vice reboot and these new uniforms shows things are really hotting up in Vice land. :xmas:

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Matt5:

Good points Summer - The video I posted a month ago from Universal/ NBC with reference the Heat and the new Miami Vice reboot and these new uniforms shows things are really hotting up in Vice land. :xmas:

Speaking of hotting up: 27c in Miami Beach these days. I admit I am jealous! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Speaking of hotting up: 27c in Miami Beach these days. I admit I am jealous! :)

Not all the time though Tom - they have had temperatures of 10-12c recently and a lot of rain.:xmas:

Edited by Matt5

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Not all the time though Tom - they have had temperatures of 10-12c recently and a lot of rain.:xmas:

I know. I lived in MB once. But the 10-12c are just short pushbacks due to cold from north. Normal temp is 15-25c (min/max), last week was 21-27 which is what makes me jealous here in European winter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I know. I lived in MB once. But the 10-12c are just short pushbacks due to cold from north. Normal temp is 15-25c (min/max), last week was 21-27 which is what makes me jealous here in European winter.

Yes I’ve witnessed the 10-12c pushbacks many times in Miami. The average is around 19-20c this time of year, the cloud and rain makes it feel slightly colder.:xmas:

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I must have missed that video about Heat, but speaking of... As Tom said, I could use some of that Miami Heat. :) 

Edited by summer84

1 minute ago, summer84 said:

I must have missed that video about Heat, but speaking of... As Tom said, I could use some of that Miami Heat. :) 

You missed the New reboot Miami Vice / Heat vídeo for the new Miami Vice series coming 2020?:xmas:

11 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

You missed the New reboot Miami Vice / Heat vídeo for the new Miami Vice series coming 2020?:xmas:

Ah that one, no. I shared the Heat video on the MV reboot thread. Also Squeezem3 shared a post, before that. I thought you were referring to another. 

Edited by summer84

3 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Ah that one, no. I shared it on the MV reboot thread. I thought you were referring to another. 

It was done by Miami Heat and NBC Universal to promote the new Miami Vice series from producer Vin Diesel coming in 2020.:xmas:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1