Thoughts on Covid 19

Ferrariman

i watched 10 minutes then stopped. why, simply because for me an october 2020 video is out of date. and wolfie you didn't answer my question, why are all the hospitals emergency services suddenly overwhelmed around the world. why are all the reanimation services around the world so full that cancers patient have to postpone their surgical interventions. the video says PCR are scam, well answer my question

https://www.boredpanda.com/covid-patients-anti-vaxxers-beg-for-vaccine-alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

i watched 10 minutes then stopped. why, simply because for me an october 2020 video is out of date. and wolfie you didn't answer my question, why are all the hospitals emergency services suddenly overwhelmed around the world. why are all the reanimation services around the world so full that cancers patient have to postpone their surgical interventions. the video says PCR are scam, well answer my question

https://www.boredpanda.com/covid-patients-anti-vaxxers-beg-for-vaccine-alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia/

You didn't watch all the  video. Well I did. Maybe you missed the bit where he explains EXACTLY why the PCR tests are useless. The whole premise of this hoax has been built on the veracity of these tests, which he demonstrates much more efficiently than I can, does not exist. If you prefer to shut out cognitive dissonance by putting your fingers in your ears and  shouting" Nah nah nah nah I can't hear you!" please go ahead and do  so. Some people are beyond  saving. The only pity is that they are dragging down those who aren't so stupid  with them. Believe what you like because I'm wasting no more time on you. We'll see  what happens when this gets to court. And by the way, don't believe all the media tells you. Services AREN'T overwhelmed round the world! I am in hospitals quite  frequently and they are behaving as normal. I expect you were taken in by the fake photos last year. If they are busy at all it's catching up on neglected NORMAL procedures as none of these took place during 2020 because of the covid  scam. Last year NHS staff were sent home BECAUSE THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO. Unfortunately they haven't found a cure yet for terminal  stupidity or I'd advise you to ask for a referral.

4 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

You didn't watch all the  video. Well I did. Maybe you missed the bit where he explains EXACTLY why the PCR tests are useless. The whole premise of this hoax has been built on the veracity of these tests, which he demonstrates much more efficiently than I can, does not exist. If you prefer to shut out cognitive dissonance by putting your fingers in your ears and  shouting" Nah nah nah nah I can't hear you!" please go ahead and do  so. Some people are beyond  saving. The only pity is that they are dragging down those who aren't so stupid  with them. Believe what you like because I'm wasting no more time on you. We'll see  what happens when this gets to court. And by the way, don't believe all the media tells you. Services AREN'T overwhelmed round the world! I am in hospitals quite  frequently and they are behaving as normal. I expect you were taken in by the fake photos last year. If they are busy at all it's catching up on neglected NORMAL procedures as none of these took place during 2020 because of the covid  scam. Last year NHS staff were sent home BECAUSE THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO. Unfortunately they haven't found a cure yet for terminal  stupidity or I'd advise you to ask for a referral.

So your final argument is that he’s stupid.  Name calling makes for such clever argument.  Sad

4 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

This man is a lawyer, not a scientist or physician.  He is welcome to take his case to court and we will see how it turns out.  But I don't take medical advice from lawyers, especially those who are looking at a giant group settlement.

Peace, out.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I don't know exactly what's 100% true or not. Research is constantly advancing and what was right one day could be wrong the next or vice versa.   All I can say is numbers don't lie. Get your ass vaccinated! and if you choose not to, don't cry if you get it! 

I'm so TIRED of people claiming that it's their right to not get vaccinated. Yes the decision is yours to make but when your decision affects not only yourself but everyone around you (hopefully not your loved ones) that, in my opinion, is where your rights end!  If you only care about yourself, then stay the hell home!

Sorry for my attitude but I'm just fed up with selfish, stupid people!  

• Like 5

On the weekend, we had demonstrations here against our ongoing lockdown. The lockdown has been going on for 4 weeks so far and shows no sign of ending. Infection numbers are stubbornly not decreasing and the cause is people not adhering to the restrictions.

While I certainly understand the protesters frustration, they have selfishly put at risk any potential gains we had made in keeping infections down to a manageable level. Also they may have seeded a super spreader event with that demonstration. We wont not that until infections start showing in the next couple of weeks.

So yeah, this lockdown they want to end just got extended indefinitely. Thanks freedom-lovers.

I've never been much of a fan of humanity. This entire Covid experience hasn't changed my outlook.

• Like 7

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

I've never been much of a fan of humanity. This entire Covid experience hasn't changed my outlook.

I have to say I agree.  Since this all started I've heard some of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.  Such as:  The vaccine injects microchips to track us or it's a plot by the government.  My neighbor, I'm ashamed to say, has no intention to get vaccinated and went as far as to tell me that since I got the vaccine I now have radiation in my body! ?(  

If nothing else, the pandemic has shown me just how stupid people can be.  I'm truly surprised the human race has survived as long as it has.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, apocalypse said:

The epidemiologists actually say that they are not effective at all. That's what the large Danish research said, that's what (our) Finnish research say and that's exactly what WHO and ECDC researches say.

People who say that they're effective are much lesser organizations (like Nature).

WHO made two very large researches on face masks in 2019 and 2020 and they BOTH came to the same conclusion: There is no evidence at all.

Yesterday this was news in England.

UK Government Advisor Admits Masks Are Just "Comfort Blankets" That Do Virtually Nothing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/17/cloth-face-masks-comfort-blankets-do-little-curb-covid-spread/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1626638295

WHO...what WHO knows? One day, claim something. Other day, claim another one.... globalist organization. that´s it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

WHO...what WHO knows? One day, claim something. Other day, claim another one.... globalist organization. that´s it.

If one don’t understand that the science advances and changes rapidly  with a new pathogen then one doesn’t  understand the scientific method.  Some are still pointing out that in the first months, recommendations for masks were very different.  It was called novel (as in new) corona virus for a reason, and the knowledge of it started only with what we knew of the few other corona viruses.  An incredible amount has been learned since, including better treatments, and of course multiple vaccine developments.  Using the argument that recommendations change over time, even as knowledge is gained, is specious and quite frankly, dangerous.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I have to say I agree.  Since this all started I've heard some of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.  Such as:  The vaccine injects microchips to track us or it's a plot by the government.  My neighbor, I'm ashamed to say, has no intention to get vaccinated and went as far as to tell me that since I got the vaccine I now have radiation in my body! ?(  

If nothing else, the pandemic has shown me just how stupid people can be.  I'm truly surprised the human race has survived as long as it has.

People show me how stupid people can be on a daily basis. The pandemic is simply the tip of the stupidity iceberg.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In my country, the vaccination cost 40€ (taken by the medical protection, you don't have to pay) ... but when you have to deal with someone who have to be hospitalized, it cost 500000€ ... and of course, some will say "the truth is out there" :funky:

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 2

vor 10 Stunden schrieb fakespyder:

On the weekend, we had demonstrations here against our ongoing lockdown. The lockdown has been going on for 4 weeks so far and shows no sign of ending. Infection numbers are stubbornly not decreasing and the cause is people not adhering to the restrictions.

While I certainly understand the protesters frustration, they have selfishly put at risk any potential gains we had made in keeping infections down to a manageable level. Also they may have seeded a super spreader event with that demonstration. We wont not that until infections start showing in the next couple of weeks.

So yeah, this lockdown they want to end just got extended indefinitely. Thanks freedom-lovers.

The fact that people are becoming more and more selfish has been apparent for a long time, but only Covid and the resulting restrictions have really made it clear. Many people only think of themselves. I was able to see this in my immediate environment during the first Lockdown. The neighbors above me continued to party and had a lot of visitors on many weekends, while everyone else refrained from seeing their children or grandchildren.
Now that we have been doing this for 1.5 years, people have become even more intransigent because they realize that there may be restrictions for a very long time. They obviously don't realize that the more intransigent they are, the longer that time will be.

• Like 3

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Ferrariman:

Don't forget that the dinosaurs didn't go extinct within a decade either. :)Therefore, humans still have a little time before they too - presumably - disappear from the earth at some point, perhaps to make way for a more intelligent race. Strangely enough, I always have to think of the movie "Planet of the Apes" (original version with Charlton Heston) in this context.

• Like 3

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Kladdagh:

In my country, the vaccination cost 40€ (taken by the medical protection, you don't have to pay) ... but when you have to deal with someone who have to be hospitalized, it cost 500000€ ... and of course, some will say "the truth is out there" :funky:

What bothers me is that those who refuse vaccination will call for help at the hospital when it really hits them hard. I am of the opinion that if I refuse something, then also with all the resulting consequences.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Christine said:

What bothers me is that those who refuse vaccination will call for help at the hospital when it really hits them hard. I am of the opinion that if I refuse something, then also with all the resulting consequences.

Totally agree with you @Christine ... But it is not the case ;(

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Kladdagh:

Totally agree with you @Christine ... But it is not the case ;(

I know, and that's what I find so unfair, but unfortunately that's our social thinking. No matter how crosswise someone thought in advance, if he needs ventilation because of a covid - disease, he gets it.

• Like 1

Did anybody suffer from any side effects from having the vaccine? because when I had the Pfizer they other day if anything it made me feel better.

My family and friends all suffered side effects for a day or 2, headaches and feeling low of energy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Did anybody suffer from any side effects from having the vaccine? because when I had the Pfizer they other day if anything it made me feel better.

My family and friends all suffered side effects for a day or 2, headaches and feeling low of energy. 

I had both rounds of the Moderna on Fridays. The following Saturdays were not so bad, but on the Sundays I had low energy and a very poor disposition. That’s about it though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

As I said earlier, I had side effects from the second Moderna dose, as did many in my workplace. We didn’t do Pfizer, but the local hospitals that did had varying ranges of side effects. We’re talking vaccinated staff here. It’s easier to track. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

As I said earlier, I had side effects from the second Moderna dose, as did many in my workplace. We didn’t do Pfizer, but the local hospitals that did had varying ranges of side effects. We’re talking vaccinated staff here. It’s easier to track. 

My brother had the dreadful Oxford-AstraZeneca one and he suffered extremely painful headaches, apparently it can cause blood clots. A BBC radio presenter (Lisa Shaw aged 44) here in the UK died in hospital after she suffered blood clots after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine, she developed “severe” headaches a week after having the jab and fell seriously ill a few days later.

• Like 1

• Administrators

My wife and I both had AstraZeneca. She just felt blah for a day and had a sore arm. I had a slight headache for a few hours. That’s it. 2nd shots were no problem.

• Like 2

I had Pfizer and my wife and adult son had Moderna.   My son was a bit tired the next day on shot two as was I, perhaps more.  My wife was fatigued for a few days on shot two with headaches,and one day after the first jab.  We all had sore arms after the first round.

We’ve had over 160 million of these vaccinations administered in the US now and haven’t seen unusual or unexpected problems as compared to the various trial results.  What we HAVE seen recently is that the unvaccinated are now very vulnerable to the delta variant and the age of hospitalized patients is growing younger.  Let’s hope the mortality rate doesn’t follow the pattern of previous surges.  

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Christine said:

I still struggle to understand how these individuals are apparently trusting of the medical system and pharmaceutical providers when they get sick and rush to treatment, but NOT trusting of the same when they’re trying to keep them from getting sick in the first place.  It makes no sense.

It seems to be intransigence followed by desperation. Sadly, it’s cognitive dissonance with potentially deadly consequences.

Perhaps this fits in with your thoughts about the crisis of the pandemic revealing people’s true character.  I’ve always felt the same about alcohol.  Getting drunk doesn’t really change anyone’s personality, it just magnifies what’s already there.  That’s why you have funny, angry, crying drunks, etc...

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1