Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Location Manager I think she was the location manager for the first 22 episodes of Vice.

I have sent out e-mails and facebook contacts in the past 6 months to all the scouts , managers etc I could track down. So far Sherry is one of only two that have been nice enough to respond. She has pledged to help but things are progressing slowly. It is fun to hear from people regarding my location sites. From the old movies where they relate there experience as extras etc to Burn Notice where a surprising number of actors and crew that are on or have been on the show have responded favorably. Not a ton but I am happy that I now average about 3 to 4 e-mails a day. All are nice and some provide some good intel. on locations which is helpfull.

I have sent out e-mails and facebook contacts in the past 6 months to all the scouts ' date=' managers etc I could track down. So far Sherry is one of only two that have been nice enough to respond. She has pledged to help but things are progressing slowly. It is fun to hear from people regarding my location sites. From the old movies where they relate there experience as extras etc to Burn Notice where a surprising number of actors and crew that are on or have been on the show have responded favorably. Not a ton but I am happy that I now average about 3 to 4 e-mails a day. All are nice and some provide some good intel. on locations which is helpfull.[/quote']Good to know :D

I am reposting the summary I had posted earlier with updates to bring things up to date. Hopefully this will help to organize things without the need to read thru all the post. I have culled the post from cases that are solved/closed. I have not copied the pictures mainly to keep the space usage down but I have listed post numbers to make it easy to look up the pictures in the original posting.I just went thru the entire thread and gathered up information to summarize the investigations thus far, to help keep things organized and running effectively. I hope it does that at least it may be of some help.Cold Case 1 Milk Run Drug Lab. SOLVED.Cold Case 2 Ross’ house from GT1 SOLVED.Cold Case 3 remains unsolved though the general opinion remains that it is or was in the immediate downtown area. We are looking for Biscayne General Merchandise. I have copied the relevant postings. The # symbol followed by a number indicates the post number in this thread to help if you want to go back and see that posting (mainly because I did not include the pictures here, only text).CC3:#32Here is another one that I have not been able to find. It appears in several episodes, Give A Little, Take A Little, and Little Prince but the best view is in Florence Italy. Biscayne General Merchandise. The street number is 202. It looks ike downtown Miami but I have not been able to find it. Anyone know where it was? There is 1) a stair case visible leading out to the street to the right of the store. Very rare in Miami.2) It is on a street corner and at least the street the camera is on is one way headed to the screen's right.3) The side that is hard to see (left) has an overhang of about 7 feet.4) number is 202 on the sign if it is a real signLets see what the team can come up with.#33If the sign is real, the telephone number is likely to be real too. (though you can see only part of it)Maybe you can find an old telephone book (in a library for instance) and check the name of the store and its telephone number? ---> and find its address#34Great idea, but I already tried it. I did a reverse number look up for all 100 different numbers it could be(2 unseen digits). Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada Nothing. I also tried Sunbiz.org which is the State of Florida's web site for checking on a business. You can look any company up by name and see their annual reports, officers names and addresses etc. No luck there either.#35As a kid I remember kind of sleazy "discount" type street side places like that in downtown Miami. I think they were South of Flagler in the neighborhood of SE 2d and 3d Avenues. On satellite it looks like those blocks have changed drastically due to new construction. I know that doesn't help but it's what I remember.#36When you look at the teaser of Florence Italy, you can see after aprox. 6 seconds a different shot of the corner. Looking into the street on the left.#39If the sign was real it should be an easy find. At least one of the "streets" is one way, it is on a corner 2 blocks from either Miami Ave or Flagler Street, and it has an even numbered address to narrow down which side of the "street" it is on. I still can't find it.#43 Pictures with increased adaptive lighting to better see the background.#46 Thanks, Charlie.I had a thought: you always say to look at the "street furniture" (lamps etc) and I was wondering whether the fire hydrant on the left would remain if the building was knocked down therefore possibly still there on the sidewalk today ... or would a different fire system have been put in? (I'm from England so it's not within my realm of knowledge!!)#47Fire hydrants normally remain even when there is construction in the area but it is not an absolute. If they are old they are sometimes replaced with a newer version but in the exact same location to save allot of work and money. Sometimes in a large scale construction project they will be moved from the sidewalk to the exterior wall of the new building. I did note that the hydrant was all yellow except the caps/covers. The painting design of a hydrant is usually an area or municipal thing but I did not recognize this pattern. My guess is 90% likely the hydrant would still be there.#48How about those red lights in the distance. They'd either be on a radio tower or a crane. Seeing as the footage is in the first season, there would have to be a crane there in 1984. Or if it's a radio tower, maybe a local tv or radio station. I haven't seen any radio towers in Google street view yet, but I'm looking. The fire hydrant, and the drain on the sidewalk right next to it could be a good way to narrow it down.#49I was on google maps' street view last night looking at the paving stones' pattern on street corners where there is a fire hydrant and I found two possible matches around 2nd street in downtown Miami - see below. All the areas around Miami seem to now have the same coloured hydrants ie all yellow.I was wondering whether any eps showed the store from another angle, i.e. not shown straight on or to the right of the screen, because then we might see more of the neighbourhood.(Sorry about the uncropped screen caps but I've done this at work!!)OK I just took a look at your second attachment, 2nd St. and 2nd Ave. I went on GE and took another look at this intersection. The number 202 would have to have been either on the south side of 2nd St. east of 2nd Ave. or on #50the west side of 2nd Ave. south of 2nd St. The 2nd Street address at first look showed promise if the used a reverse image (which they did not) but then there is a vacant lot across the street where there were two buildings in the scene. When the chase goes around the corner of 2nd Street onto 3rd Ave we see that this was a vacant lot even back in Vice days when they filmed this ep. So, I believe we can rule this intersection out.#61I just noticed that CC3 is at the corner of a one way street. It also looks like there's no traffic light there, but I can't be sure of that. Also, a digit may have been removed from the 202 the same way in CC2 a digit was removed from the Address. I'm still looking for CC3. That corner has character.#63Allot of character. Steps leading up to front doors like in NYC. Very rare in Miami.#66COLD CASE 3:Can you have a look at the picture below especially at the building on the left, the Leamington Hotel against the MV screen captures. Reading up on the hotel, it opened in 1922 & looking at the old postcard pictures on the hotel's site, the hotel hasn't had a major refit since it was constructed. The building in the lightened screencaps is three storeys high (4 if you include the street level) and appears to come to a stop possibly at a road junction. The Leamington goes around the corner of the road junction. Plus this is a one way street, heading in the same direction of the one way street in the 1980s. Looking again at the old postcard images, there is a wide band which goes around the hotel, making a wide gap up to the first floor containing bedrooms. The site is here:http://www.leamingtonhotel.com/It might be a long shot but it's worth a try. I'm having probs with my screen caps on this new laptop but this was taken of NE2nd Street/NE 3rd Avenue looking south:#68Pros: The building on the right does have an overhang of the correct size. Con: most everything else does not match but lets assume it is possible it had a major, major reconstruction other than the overhang.Pro: The first building on the left really looks good, especially ground floor. Cons: Wrong number of windows on what I will call the second floor, the wide band above the ground floor. For example the last set of windows should have 5 verticle rows. The windows above that totally do not match but that could easily be because of a face lift.The parking garage next door could be new, buillt where there was a surface lot during Vice.One of the best things going for this location is the third building on the left (second in Vice days) is the right size + shape.One of the biggest cons is address is wrong. Address is 197 3rd Ave. for our spot. Even if back then it had a 2nd Street number it would have been high 200s like 29*.Overall I think it bears closer examination. It is worthwhile to try to find older pictures of this address. If we can do that we will have an answer. Great work again!#71I've gone back onto my old laptop as it's easier to edit pics on here. Here's the screencap from google maps streetview that I tried to post yesterday of the Leamington Hotel:I have just zoomed into the second Vice screencap and where the building ends on the lefthandside of the street at what seems like the corner of an intersecting street, there is a building further down but facing the camera. If you look at my streetview, there is that building which has the partial sign "Business Review".These are enlargements of the postcards on the Leamington site#72The hotel is certainly in the right place aand looks right. It is definitely one of the stronger remaining points to say yes this is the place . You may have something here but I am just not seeing the building at the end of the street that you are. I can tell there is a high rise down the street but I am not making out any details like a lower structure.I will break out the DVD later today and see what I can come up with#73Here to add:5)Stairs leading up to a door, adjacent to a clay shingled roof.6)Overhang protrudes from the wall, but does not wrap around, so there must be two separate overhangs.7)window cover looks to be 8ft with a door next to it to enter the shop. Yellow sign above - second word is 'entrance.'Closest looking building I could find to match the one across the street is the Alfred I DuPont Building on 100 something E Flagler ST. That coincidentally would put the scene at around the 200 block. It is however too different still for me to say that that's the building. The large lower portion square shapes are similar to the building I post, but not the same. That's a feature I've focused on finding.This is what My mind has built as a shape of the scene's focus' building corner... Very New York. As a side note, you don't see clay tile downtown, but you see it everywhere in the Miami Beach area, same goes for staircases into buildings. There are a lot of similar looking buildings over there, but I couldn't find one that matches or has tall building across the street. Also, it's in a completely different area than the other street scenes from Florence Italy.Question now, is it possible that the corner Switek is standing on is that of an alley way? I kinda doubt the curb would curve around like that there, but I don't know. What worries me is that the building across the street may be demolished and the building in focus may be altered or demolished also.#76Great work. I am not 100% sure the overhang does not wrap around. I will take another look noting that there is a security cover that goes over the window when the business is closed. In our picks the business is open so the cover is elevated and attached to the overhang and could be confused with the overhang.#851. RE: Cold case 3; Here are two more captures that I modified. Maybe they will help.#89I spent a couple hours touring the higher addresses of 7th and 8th street and I think that is the area we will find CC1. CC3 may be nearby. There a combo of crappy overhangs, clay tile, and stairs. I'll keep looking though, haven't spotted anything exact yet.#90Now I see something I didn't before. The street we're looking down here is the one way. I thought it was the intersecting street that was one way. I clearly see the truck parked on the right side of the road is facing us. That may be a useful clue. Thanks for the new and brighter image, you must have just grabbed those ones, they're different.Also the square shapes on the building across the street look almost like a continuous pattern and may wrap around the entire building. WHen I look up at the top if the building where it meets the overhang, I see a dark strip just before. that makes me think we're seeing the top edge of the outside wall. Is it possible that the building is only that tall? The large square windows(?) then three levels of small windows? The three red lights in the background are really confusing. Could they be a part of the rail system? Also, with all the light the building further down the block from the big one across the street looks little. As if the dark portion at street level is the entire building. I previously though that it just had a darker lower portion, and lighter above. I'll have to keep that possibility in mind.Is the guy standing against the corner in the night shots the same guy as the one reading the paper in the day shots? Looks like the same hat even.#91I also see about what is probably 60% of the way down the street, on the right, another overhang that I get the impression is shorter like a marquis on a theater or hotel entrance.As far as the red lights go, they bother me. I had not thought of the metro-rail. could be. I think that a construction crane is the most likely but by no means an absolute.#92Taking another look at the building down on the left. The dark areas are bigger than two garage doors. It looks like a facade on the building and there appears to be a white support column right on the corner of the building between the two dark sections.I will continue the summary in the next post.

CC4 Open.Heart Of Darkness. The rear of what is at least suppose to be (and may be)the restaurant. It is clear to me that it is on the bay but where?In the first picture I am attaching we can see some lights in the far distance (white arrow) some lights much closer but still across the water (blue arrow). Perhaps an island. What appears to me to be a moored boat with rippling water reflections in front of it (pink arrow).AS far as the building goes there is not allot there in my opinion other than the shape and proximity to the shoreline. However with screen captures where I have increased the adaptive lighting someone may recognize something.#55Tough one, not much to go on. It would be logical to think they filmed all the night scenes at the same time. Maybe they shot it close to where they shot the final scene at night at the Port Of Miami/Dodge Island? The back of the Blue Dolphin Lounge is a possibility if it existed. Restaurants don't normally have rooms with high voltage but plenty of buildings on Dodge Island have them. Perhaps the lights you see in the distance are a boat and lights along the MacArthur Causeway.#111RE: CC4; I think Trio, next door to the Crab House on the JFK Causeway in North Bay Village shows some potential but it may take boots on the ground to determine if it fits.#315Ref: CC4: Rear of restaurant from HOD. appears to be on bay-- unsolved. It was suggested that the incident with Artie was filmed behind the Crab House on the 79th Street Causeway in North Bay Village. This photo from boots (or sandals) on the ground last weekend makes this theory unlikely unless the building was greatly extended. Even less space between the building and the Bay behind the restaurant next door. No one could give us the history of the building.

CC5: Is partially solved. The interior of the Blue Dolphin Lounge was in the Tin Lizzie, we just need to find some old pictures that show the inside of this establishment. The exterior is still unknown.The location of The Blue Dolphin Lounge (or the place supposed to be the Lounge) used as an establishing shot for this bar scene is still a mystery.#319CC5: Regarding the exterior of the Blue Dolphin which has been reported to have been near the studio. With the historic aerials website I found a no longer existing building on Biscayne blvd. opposite the San Soici Estates just south of the studio. Approx address would have beed 11860 Biscayne Blvd. Of note is the canopy or marquis leading out to the street and general shape and position of the structure. Any ideas on tracking down a visual of this now gone building?#321Heart of Darkness aired Sep. 28, 1984 which, I'm guessing was filmed during the late summer or early fall. I was looking at 1986 historic aerials and boy things had changed from the 1980 capture.

CC6:#109I think it is time to introduce cold case 6. From the Pilot, The turtle shell tiki bar where Leon gets wacked. Believed to be Chateau Motel in Sunny Isles. 19115 Ocean Blvd. Another case that needs boots on the ground for confirmation.

CC7: Castillo's wife's house#183introduce Cold Case 7:From episode 14 Golden Triangle, the home of Castillo's wife. This house is defnitely findable. 1) It is on a residential street but somewhat of a main street. I base that on seeing a yellow line painted down the center of the road which is absent in smaller, less traveled neighborhoods.2) There are houses on both sides of the street.3)The house maybe at the end of a straight section of road and it may be where the road starts to curve possibly to the east away from her house. It just looks like the road starts to curve but I could be wrong on that.4) Back then there were still allot of wooden utility poles. Here the pole in the background is concrete. Likely a money area despite no being a huge house.5) The property has a longer than average driveway with a unique shape. Like a T and F combined with the top right of the T going into/under a car port.6) There is a 1 story, single family house across the street with a driveway on the left as you look from the street.7) It is a limited view but still no hi-rises are seen in the background.#1849) Unique door if it is unchanged. My bet is it is the same but probably painted a different color, just a hunch.#18510) She opens the door and the sun is seen shimmering of the water in the backyard. This means the location is greatly narrowed down because the house is on the water.11) It also means that the house is most likely facing east (afternoon filming) or less likely west (morning filming). My bet is the front faces east and when she opens the door we are looking thru the house to the west because they also did a night shot which makes it all one trip. They did not generally start shooting early enough for sunrise shots but late hours were common enough.12) In the shot of C+T nothing is seen in the bg. No hi-rises, etc#18613) It appears the house is set way back on the property toward the water which I think is not the norm. Most people prefer a large private backyard to a more public front yard but in this case the house seems to be on the rear 30% of the lot while the front yard consist of about the first 70% of the property.#18714) There is a sailboat in the back either moored or docked I cannot tell but it is close to the house if it is moored.15) the shallow back yard consist almost entirely of a swimming pool. I don't remember if I saw that before but the mast of the sailboat is clearly reflected in the pool.16) must be bay because both night and day shots have shown calm water. No ocean waves. No beach in back.17) There are only two small single lights in the background. It is very rare not to have anything visible in background.#188Don't know if this will help but I think this is one of the locations airtommy searched for on his last trip to Miami. It was his search and he had all the clues. I remember all the houses in the community were on canals or inlets and it was somewhere north of 79th Street. We didn't find it.#189I remember thinking at one point the water was narrow like a wide canal and not the open bay but as I looked at it this time I did not get that same feeling. From your post it seems that You or Airtommy or both believe it may be on a canal. Is that right?#190This was his search and I was basically just the driver. Also this was several years ago. He had spotted an area on google Earth N. of Miami that he thought was promising and wanted to check it out. I found an airtommy post from Dec 07 about Castillo's wife's house which might be interesting: "I thought perhaps they used Castillo's house for this scene, but the house across the way isn't right. I looked around that area, but came upo with nothing.The plain architecture (especially the houses across the street) makes me think of Key Biscayne. However, I scanned that island and found nothing. The roof looks mostly flat, which is unique.I also looked at the Sunset Islands, Venetians, Star, Hibiscus, Palm - nothing."#191Thank you. Every little bit helps. I have looked in all those places and more today to no avail. I basically scanned the whole Miami and Miami Beach coast and then canals for locations that had deep enough yards (not Many that don't have much larger houses.) with the house located at the back of the yard and then the few areas that met that criteria I looked at the drive and roof line. Nothing. I shall continue. I covered the whole area except the canals around coconut Grove which I will try now.#192My best guess is that the house is somewhere near Castillo's house, eg in the southern Coconut Grove area at a canal. That makes sense from a location logistics perspective of this episode and fit to the vibes of the location. Going by the pictures, I doubt that the house has a big front yard. what seems to be a front yard is most likely a curved access street for the local community traffic like it is the end of a street on an island or at a canal.#193I am not sure I fully understand. Do you feel that the house is at the end of a cul-de-sac or dead end street? The driveway looks like it is at least 70 feet long to me and I am having trouble visualizing how the dead end street would make the front yard smaller. Logistics would have either Castillo's area or Key Biscayne make allot of sense though I think the scene was most likely filmed in the afternoon which reduces the likelyhood of Coconut Grove. How long would you say the driveway is?#194I feel that the curved driveway is not a private one, but also leading to another house on the right side of May Yings house. Thus, I think it is more an access road that (after the curve) runs parallel to the main road with the yellow middle-line that can be seen behind Castillo when he is approaching the house (the camera is between him and the house). As to the length: I would estimate between 70-100 feet. I thought I found a similar pattern at Prado Bvd south of Sunrise Ave, but no luck there.#195I see what you are saying. It is possible but my hunch is still a private drive with perhaps an elongated u shaped drive or just a parking space off to the right. I am not so sure the roof line will be the same because it is very possible that the ends of the top roof were placed on as ornaments just for the show. Another thing that troubles me is the lack of lights seen in the background. There is almost always lights in the bg even if they are far away across the bay. Possily looking out toward ocean or wooded area.#197Anyone have a 1980's aerial of Key Biscayne showing detail of S. Mashta Drive?#198Is that for this case#199Yes, Most of the houses out there are 1990's or newer having torn down the older, smaller homes. The few that still exist make me think that Key Biscayne is a likely propect. S. Mashta Dr looks out at the open bay which would explain not seeing any lights in the background. I am still looking actively in other areas but this is one of my top picks.#201I see your point, but I don't see any street pattern on S. Mashta Dr that matches the scenes. And the sun in the scenes indicates that the water is either west or east of the house, not south.#202PHOTO H could suggest the driveway is "horseshoe" shaped. And after spending several hours looking at aerial photos of the suggested location of South Mashta Drive, I would think this house has long been demolished and a new home has been built on this lot. Key Biscayne has a NO Build law, meaning no new development can take place but existing lots/homes can be built on or remodeled. I wonder if Sherry Thorup could help us with this one? http://thorup.com/memorabilia.html#204I sent Sherry a message on Facebook a couple of days ago but so far no response. First time I have tried to contact one of the Location Managers, I was hopefull she would respond because the knowledge she has first hand and that she still has the original paperwork for season 1 including copies of the call sheets. So far no response. Re: the driveway. I suspect it was a narrow u shaped drive with not allot of distance between the two "legs". The road at the west end of South Mashta Drive has changed some in shape and location since Vice filmed and houses have been built where the road and open land was. It is possible that if the home were at the west end the drive could be only half as long as it was.GE does not go back far enough to confirm or reject the location. As far as the sun goes, rumor has it that the cancellation of Miami Vice caused the earth to go off it's rocker and the earth spun off it's axis changing life forever. If not then I have no explenation and I continue to keep all options open. I suspect three possibilities: 1) The rear of the house faced open water,2) it faced a wooded /undeveloped shoreline, or 3) the angle of the camera was somewhat down and an awning or roofline restricted our view and we could not see far enough out to see lights.#205Note that the house has stairs leading up to the front door. A trait seen on Key Biscayne but rare elsewhere.#206Also, in regards to the sun. I could be mistaken but the sun seems to be shinning on the back of the house, meaning the the back of the house could face east or west, based on the angle of the sun and the pictures and the Ep.#245I spent about 2 hours last night "flying around" with the aid of google earth. I flew over the mainland and the beach from the Miami River north to 135th Street. Most of this area is not what I considered prime territory but I tried anyhow because I have failed where I thought it was so why not look elsewhere. There were some good spots like just north of the Julia Tuttle on the mainland but still I could not find it. I am again looking at the location differently. I see it as possibly not being on the open water but as I first thought years ago, on a canal. The sailboat in the background does not belong to their house but could be docked at another unseen house on the other side of the canal. Not moored or tied to an extended dock that cannot be seen. Maybe tomorrrow I will fly around South Miami.

CC8 #314LARRY'S HOUSE: I believe I had skipped over posting cold case # 8. There is not allot to work with but I post it for two main reasons. 1 is that maybe someone has some knowledge that will help narrow down the search and this is a great place to gather that intel.# 2 is that I did some screen captures and then increased the adaptive lighting which revealed a unique looking building in the background that could be helpful.I suspect that the whole row of houses was torn down to make way for a new development which opened up this house to being available to be blown up. Anyone have any behind the scenes photos or intel? Anything?

CC9-A: The party house from Rites of Passage. CC9-B is solved. That was the hi-rise condo at the Palace found by Pink Flaming0. #210Traynor's house in Rites of passage is worth a shot. It's similar to the Evan house on Sunset Island 2 but is located at the end of a circled drive. Interesting that we did not find it so far.#219Front view of the Traynor House (possible circular driveway) notice the steps up to the front door (Key Biscayne house?) something interesting here though, the house seems to have lots of trees and shrubbery around it, giving it a secluded look and feeling.#223I watched the episode again and it won't be easy. To keep us organized I am going to assign this the title of Cold Case 9. Then divide it into CC9-A and CC9-B based on the party house and the Apartment being two different locations. Lets say the party house is CC9-A and the apartment is CC9-B. It may seem like we are missing CC8 but I will get back to that.#227CC9-A: I also noticed that the party house has a fireplace. Very rare in Miami even in high end homes. May help confirm the house from above when combined with the driveway.#238From the interior shots at the party, Tubbs sees Valerie's sister by the upstairs balcony so we also know we are looking for a two-storied house. Outside, there are also about 5 or 6 steps up to the front door with three very tall palm trees to the lefthandside of them. These can be seen in the screencap with C&T walking up the steps.#240The whole front yard is heavily and deeply covered with vegetation. So much that you cannot see out to the street even when making the picture light..

CC10 is the search for Vanessa's house from the Great McCarthy.#247: CC10:I was just taking a look at The Great McCarthy and I discovered something which leads me to introduce cold case 10. I think this one should be relatively less hard to solve for a cold case compared to some of the other seemingly impossible cases we have solved. I say this because of the "limiting factors" that I see. The location is fairly limited as to where it could be. I am talking about Vanessa's house as we see it at the end of the episode. I took a couple of screen captures and increased the adaptive lighting shedding light into the shadows. Several things appeared that make it findable, possibly readily findable.1) There appears to be a sizeable private boat in the background.2) The driveway goes up a man made incline toward the home.3) There is a narrow residential street that the driveway comes off of and behind it is water. It appears the road travels immediately along the waters edge.4) There is land or possibly a causeway in the background right.5) The driveway is not a cheapy but a nice and unique red colored drive.6) The drive has a unique shape as it comes off the street and then appears to exist both to the right and left.7) It appears that the front doors should be readily visible from the street and they are unique.There are limited occasions where the road runs along the water so it should be findable. I am going to fire up my google earth plane now and start looking. Study the pictures and let me know what you see and think.#2481) I can clearly see a Causeway and supporting concrete columns in the background. 2) Is it a boat or a building?3) "U" shaped driveway?#249I thought it looked like a house boat but I could definitely be wrong on that. Could be a smaller house.The drive comes off the road at an obtuse angle and then cuts to the left at an acute angle suggesting to me an irregular shaped lot with the house not sitting parallel to the boundaries but angled.#250On CC10, I've been looking around for Vanessa's driveway. I've had a look on Key Biscayne & my hopefuls weren't built in 1994 when Google Earth's history shots begin in this area. As it's been mentioned that the roadway tiles look expensive, I've had a look at Coral Gables, checking where roads are between a house and water: 540 Leucadendra Drive looks quite good however there isn't roadside view to see close up what the driveway paving is like nor the front door. There is an unobstructed view of the water opposite. On checking the online registers, this house was built in 1969 & even in the 1994 GE view the horseshoe shaped drive was there. I'm not sure if anyone knows how we can get a closer look (and for any others I might find where streetview isn't available)?#262C Glide - I rewatched the episode last night: when Tubbs is at Vanessa's boutique & he is trying to get a date with her, she says to him "Come to my place for lunch" then the next time you see them with Sonny & McCarthy they are getting up from a dining table. Sonny goes outside with McCarthy where they discuss business. The view from the house looks like the mangroves growing to the water. Am I right in thinking this scene takes part at her house and not McCarthy's?

#290CC 11Time for a new cold case. CC11: I know this one was found at one point so it may be solved quickly, I just do not remember exactly where it was and Matt5 brought it up elsewhere in the google earth section. The Ramrod Hotel in Streetwise. I recall that it was in Coral Gables or perhaps Coconut Grove. Does anyone recall? If not here are some screen captures.#295 Ref CC11, the Ramrod Motel. I posted a photo on the Facebook group for those who grew up in Miami in the 60s and 70s and got two responses so far: "It reminds me of the Dania Beach Hotel, Dania Bch. blvd at s.e. 2 ave" and from another member, "Those open hallways are actually pretty unique, I would guess the area between Alton and Collins and between Lincoln Road and 5th." The Dania Beach Hotel, now closed, doesn't match and no luck finding it between Alton and Collins but at least these are ideas about where to look.#296I definitely remember on org someone had found it in the Coral Gables area (to my surprise also) and even posted a picture. I just can't remember the details. I have started to look in that area in case it still stands.#298I forgot I had this website web.archive.org . So in the search box I typed in miami-vice.org and here are the results: Back To The Future? Some links/pages have been archived while others have not. It might not help but a cool tool none the less#299Thanks for the link, Pink Flamingo!Unfortunately, a site with info to the Ramrod is not archived.But I tried a google search and came up with this extract of miami-vice.org. Watch the date of the discussion:Matt510-23-2009, 09:17 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Jim, was this location for "Streetwise" ever found? Looks like Miami Beach area but , perhaps, a fake sign.? miamijimf10-23-2009, 10:31 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Yes Maria, good job. Scene?Matt- checked the records and as far as I know the location of the Ramrod Motel has never been found. One of many mysteries left to be solved. I would bet that it's a phony name. The neon tubes sure look like Mr. Neon's work. Might be findable, kind of looks like one of the motels or apartment complexes on Collins or Washington.Bottom line: I fear C Glide´s memory is playing tricks on him regarding a tip for the Ramrod location being in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. If at the end of 2009 (this was the last quarter of MV.org), none of our super sleuth club could remember this location hint on the forum, then I believe there was none.#318Re: CC11; The Ramrod. I spoke with Danj a little while back and he could not remember precisely but did remember that it was on a visit to Mr. Neon in Hialeah that he learned that the Ramrod was "just down the street, near the shop". So it is worth a look around the Mr. Neon shop in Hialeah. I have started the search but nothing so far.#323I was with two friends and Dan when we visited Mr. Neon's in Hialeah. It was a few years ago but I remember the conversation and Mr. Neon's comments about the Vice site being just down the street. Can't remember the episode or site discussed but it must have been the Ramrod. I also remember Dan saying "that's the place" or something like that after we left Mr. Neon's (on 21st) and were driving south on Palm Ave in Hialeah. I think he was looking to the right as we were driving S on Palm. I've searched up and down Palm Ave but don't see anything similar unless major reconstruction has taken place. We could ask Mr. Neon but he never responded to an email I sent him a while ago. This Old Miami Aerial view from 1986 shows what could be a possible match on Palm at about the right location. The building there today is totally different but looks newish. What do you think?#324Great info. Jim ! I was looking at this area this morning using Google's archived photos and it seems this building was still there up until 1994 or at least to 1997 sometime. The new building standing there now was constructed sometime during 2005. Below is a few screen caps I was able to grab.2005 new apartment building under construction.Sadly, there is no street view available for the older photos.#325I found the address of the apartment block & it is 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah. When I searched this address it brought up the block which they said was built in 2006 but the site called it Airline Hotel. I wonder if this was the original name of the motel used by Vice? I'm at lunch so haven't got much more time to search online. Hope this helps a bit more?#326I'm at work but as I was in the middle of this puzzle, I couldn't let it lie! I've searched again for old pictures of Hialeah and I found the following at the bottom of a web page on Hotel Hialeah someone has written "Did this hotel later become the Airliner which burnt down?" (nobody replied to him but the addresses are different so I'd say no). So if the Hotel Airline burnt down after Vice then has been rebuilt as condos, this seems to be the spot. I got this from Don Boyd's site - MiamiJim, haven't you been in contact with him before - would someone from his site know a bit more perhaps?#327Great contributions to possibly locating the Ramrod guys. In Vice the Ramrod definitely looks like early 20th Century construction. I searched some old photos and found that the visit that Dan, my friends and I made to Mr. Neon's was in Feb 2007. If the info that CarolineUK dug up is correct and the newish building at 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah was built in 2006 or in 2005 as Pink found then Dan's remark as we were driving down Palm, "that's the place" could not have been referring to that spot as the Ramrod. Unless of course he was just referring to the corner where it used to be. It is a fact that the building was there during Vice and there are similarities. Mr Neon did a lot of work on the Ramrod so it is logical that he would easily remember the location, especially since it was in Hialeah.Yes Don Boyd's site is great, he is my Facebook friend. Posting screencaps of the The Big Thaw's Lab in his "Memory Test - where were these photos taken?" Gallery led to its identification. I asked him to post screen caps of the Ramrod but so far he has not done it. I will try again.#328Great work Jim . Shooting in Season 3 in Hialeah is odd for MV#329Here is the link to the page which shows the location and also the name Airline hotel:http://www.city-data.com/mapIt.html?...LCBGTCAzMzAxMA#331I've looked though sites which feature old postcards or old photos of Hialeah & have found nothing. What a pity streetview wasn't aorund in the 80s!!The hotel's site is only about a mile north from Miami International so maybe it was one of the original hotels from the 30s?#333I was a bit busy yesterday but I have pulled free now and see some very interesting work has been done. I wish I could clearly remember the postings on .org at the time but a local or person who had been a local posted the location of the Ramrod at the time. I thought it was Coral Gables but I don't recall the post as it was some time ago and I had not worked that far into the series on my location sleuthing at the time. Perhaps Danj stated he was on his way down there and they were going south on Palm... There was also posting about the construction or reconstruction of the place. I don't recall it exactly but everything posted here makes sense and a good lead to follow up.#335I think it is highly likely we are very close but in regards to the Airline Hotel; it appears to have been on the corner and I belive the Ramrod was between two other buildings.#337Charlie I just watched the start of Streetwise slowly. The only time I see anything that looks like a building between the Ramrod and the corner is in the very brief shot of Rico, or most likely his stunt double, tackling the Ramrod manager as he tries to escape the raid with the cash box. A screen cap of that brief shot is below. Of course it's logical that they filmed it next to the Ramrod but as you know it could have been shot somewhere else. What am I missing? Thanks.#338Has anybody got any ideas where we can find a picture of the Airline hotel then at least we can discount it from our search? I've googled & have looked on Don Boyd's site.#339I just called Steve Carpenter, Mr. Neon. He was very friendly and apparently never got my email. Steve likes talking about Vice days. He remembered putting up the decorations for the Ramrod but could not recall where it was located or the name of the place. He said he thought it was on Palm but could not remember for sure. He said he would drive around and talk to some of his friends who worked on Vice with him to try and pin down the location. Steve also said he is working on a Mark Wahlberg movie currently and some of the crew worked on Vice so one of them may remember. He actually was in an episode as an extra. It was an episode where Gina and Trudy were inside in a bar at the bottom of a fancy multi storied hotel that had a lot of foliage and he had to duck under a table when someone started shooting. I said I would send him screencaps of the episode since he lost his video. I used to know the episode but can't think of it. What was it? Free Verse.#342Thanks Charlie, that's the scene I was thinking about. I sent a video of the scene to Mr. Neon, that I'm pretty sure he was in as an extra. I also sent him screen caps of the Ramrod and the 1986 aerial photo of what we think was the Airline Hotel. Hopefully he will enjoy the video and all this will bring back fond memories. There is a chance he can pin down the location for us. Why do you think the Ramrod was between two other buildings? Please see my post #337.#343I will go back and watch it again but I seem to remember C+T walking up to the building from the left and seing buildings and then Tubbs chasing the guy and seeing a building on the right.#352Ref CC11, the Ramrod. Just spoke to Mr Neon, Steve Carpenter. He looked around and claims that he now remembers where the Ramrod was located. He says it was on the 700 block of Palm Ave, close to 8th St and is now occupied by an apartment complex (now 760 Palm?). I don't see any similarities except it looks like there used to be an open courtyard and the lot is about the right size. Maybe someone else can find some similarities. A lot of buildings in the area have changed since the 80s. Interesting that the Airline Hotel, that burned down, was in the 900 block of Palm. This location fits with what I remember from my trip to Mr. Neon's with Dan and Dan's remark as we were driving down Palm. I think we should keep looking for a photo of the original location in the 80s but there are reasons to believe Steve. He and his team decorated the Ramrod, he works in the area, and he made a special effort to locate the original spot. The problem is I can't see it in the 1986 aerial view, wish those views were clearer. I will send him a copy of the 1986 aerial. On a different subject I asked him what it would cost to create a small working version of the lips from LMD's Sex World, something I've always wanted. His answer was at least $1,500 so I will have to wait on that. Caps are from Google Maps.#354I took another look and the new location does not match up. The Airline Hotel is a better match. I was finally able to clearly make out the sign on the left side of the building. It is a prop for the Ramrod, nicely done prop. I also see that there are cuts in the scene that allow it to have been three locations, 4 if you include the interior room scene. C+T park in an alley. Could have been on the beach. When the manger runs out of the office, it cuts after he clears the gate so the building he is tackled in front of could be anywhere. This opens up the likelyhood that the building was not sandwiched between others and could have been on a corner. Right now I would say the Airline Hotel is a strong possibility and we need to find a picture of it.#356I compared the first location: 932 Palm Ave, Hialeah with the second: 748 Palm Avenue, Hialeah.Think 932 Palm Ave is much better place where "Ramrod Hotel" once stood.#357When I found the original mention of its name, I searched on my usual sites which show older pictures of Miami & surrounding area. I have looked on the Hialeah sites too with no success - we could do with linking with someone who has lived in the area for many years. I am wondering whether the Hialeah library would have a collection of old photos of the area? Here in the UK (well in our county anyway!) each library has a reference section on local history which contains books on all the nearby towns & villages. Or maybe the library might know a local historian? It is odd that there are so few pictures taken of Hialeah other than the horse races.If I am lucky enough to get out to Miami next year, and this still hasn't been solved, then the town will be my first stop!!#358 I spent hours on this, probably 4 hours already. I can't find anything like it. I think it's a straight street though, not a curved one. I only looked through straight streets. Lots of them. All the 1200 blocks I could find on GE. Was it maybe in FT Lauderdale? Maybe the house was torn down, or totally remodeled. I cant find the two window front portion, next to the recessed entrance, next to the carport on the left side of the curved (I agreee about this) driveway. I found lots of similar areas though. I also searched assuming that maybe those slat windows were replaced, and that blocky architecture on the front stairs removed.I was thinking that object behind Crockett was a steeple of a church. It looks vaguely like it protrudes off of a high roof.The sun is casting a shadow directly down the line of the sidewalk. With the sun that high, It must be 11:00am-1:00pm on a north south running street. The house being on the East side of the street.#361I just found this address. Airline Hotel 932 Palm Ave, Hialeah, FL 33010 which could back up what Crockettt found. Check it out HERE: Airline Hotel Address#362Good thinking Pink. I am going to try to call a librarian at the Hialeah Branch of the Miami-Dade Library System tomorrow.#363I gave this address back in mid March in this thread, Pink, along with the info on the hotel's fire :-)#364Good work Sue ! Did you happen to find any pictures of the hotel and or fire?I was thinking maybe the Miami Herald might have something like that, hopefully!#366Located leads to several photos of the Airline. Hopefully I will have one in a few days. Here is an interesting story I found about it. This is apparently the second fire suffered by the hotel. The only concern I have is that another article calls it "a two story building." We will know for sure when I get the photo.HIALEAH TO RAZE FIRE-DAMAGED HOTEL--------------------------------------------------Miami Herald, The (FL)-July 10, 1997Hialeah officials have decided to raze the Airline Hotel -- the dilapidated downtown landmark that was gutted last week by a seven-hour blaze that investigators have classified as ``suspicious.'' `With all the fire damage to the structure, it's no longer a historical building,'' said Al Gamble, chief code enforcement officer. ``The city wants it demolished immediately.'' All they need to do now is figure out who actually owns the 73-year-old yellow stucco building, once known for its glass door knobs, wood floors and tiled lobby. Ownership has been in dispute since October, when the hotel went into receivership after being saddled with more than 80 building, health and fire-safety violations, Gamble said. So the city mailed notices Tuesday to three people -- property owner Eduardo Moses, mortgage holder Julio Guanche and receiver Ernesto MacNamara -- in hopes of tracking down who has rights to the structure at 932 Palm Ave. Moses was out of town Tuesday and did not return phone messages. Guanche and MacNamara could not be reached for comment. Normally, a property owner has 15 days to appeal a city's demolition order, Gamble said. Otherwise a city can seek permission to proceed from the county's Unsafe Structures board. Hialeah Fire Marshall Bruce Ward classified the fire as suspicious on Monday, because firefighters saw two men running from the building as the fire broke out about 11:15 a.m. Friday. At first, one of the men tried to enter the building, saying he had to save his friend, Ward said. Then as firefighters rushed in, the other man ran out. Both men disappeared as firefighters fought the blaze through a stormy Fourth of July that at one point unleashed rain, lighting and winds of up to 40 miles per hour, Ward said. `There was someone in that building when it caught fire. We know that. We never got to question him because he took off,'' Ward said. ``That's why it's suspicious.'' The man, who was not wearing a shirt, was described as 6-foot-2, 220 pounds. Investigators believe he may live on the street. Anyone with information, should contact Hialeah Police, 687-2525.#367Great work Jim, Hopefully this will pan out to be something useful so we can close this case.By the way - - The man, who was not wearing a shirt, was described as 6-foot-2, 220 pounds. Didn't Tubbs tackles this guy??#369Nah, that guy that Tubbs tackled was shorter and heavier. lol. In regards to being listed as two stories, that is not a concern. FEMA has it listed as a 1 story hotel. Ironicly I found that information yesterday under a federal Govt. website listing FEMA approved hotels that passed US Govt. safety inspections regarding fire safety and preparedness. So if there is any kind of disaster the government says it is the place to go to be safe and can receive federal disater money to put people up. Hah. That inspector is due for a promotion. I counted the floors on bing maps after reading that to make sure and there is at least three floors.#371This is a link to the picture of the hotel where the name "Airline" is mentioned although the picture is supposed to be of hotel Hialeah. I'm at work so I can't cut & paste from the site but someone else may be able to do this for me. It is the right shape but is it the building we're looking for? And where was the Hialeah hotel located?http://www.pbase.com/donboyd/image/102936975#376Sorry but I do not think that is the place we are looking for and it may not be the Airline Hotel. Not only is it only two floors but the design is wrong. The hotel we are looking for has stairways in the front end of each wing which are lacking here. The window shapes and number are off and the balconies on the front are not designed the way we are looking for. The balcony should have a "scalloped" (I made that term up for lack of a better description) design under the balcony supporting the balcony like we see on Espanola Way, Clay Hotel. It is great work but I am not even thinking this is the Airline. THere were apparently allot of u shaped buildings in Hialeah.To make this case even more challenging I am adding a part B and C.11-B: When Stan is at the back of the van and C+T pull up, this is suppose to be at the Ramrod. However; this really has every indication of being an alley but there are not any alleys around Palm Ave. area that I see. It looks like the beach to me. I increased the adaptive lighting and in the background I can see that approximately 40 yards behind them the road ends or there is a T intersection followed by a wall like you would see at Lummus Park. Behind that there are palm trees just like at Lummus. However there is only 1 alley I know of off of Ocean runninng east west (14th Pl) and that is not it. Any ideas?There are or were either large vents or canopies at the end that would be Ocean Drive or some other front street.#379I agree with Charlie here. It is a nice find by Sue and shows that U shaped hotels were popular in Hialeah. I doubt however that this is the Ramrod. Sue's postcard is dated 1940 and it seems really unlikely that between 1940 and 1986 they would have added a third floor and the "scallops" and other design features we see on the Ramrod. Those design features are not Art Deco and seem older. The design is closer to the buildings we see on Espanola Way that were built beginning in the early 1920s. Interestingly we know that the Airline was built in 1924. The fact that the Airline was at 923 Palm Ave is further confirmed by Google Earth's time slider. It is there in 1994 but we know it was demolished in 1997 and on Google Earth it is gone in the 1999 view. But was the Airline the Ramrod? My guess is yes but we will have to wait for a picture to be sure. It is taking longer than I thought to get one.#382It is a pity that the postcard of the hotel wasn't the right one - I didn't think it was but it was worthwhile ... just in case! I have found a book on the internet which one of you may be able to find in your local Florida library "The Curtiss-Bright Cities: Hialeah, Miami Springs & Opa Locka (Paperback) by Seth H. Bramson (Author)". This is about the buildings of the 1920s in that area. Not sure what is in it but it looks interesting.#386Ref CC11, the Ramrod. When I discovered that the Miami Herald transferred most of their old photos and articles on microfiche to History Miami I contacted an archivist there and asked her to look up the photo that came with the July 10th 1997 article about the Airline. She found the negatives of the Airline photos but, of course, could not immediately print from the negative. The lady archivist was nice enough to hold the negative up to a light for me and describe what she saw. Unfortunately she could not make out any detail due to the quality of the negative and the fact that the hotel was partly obscured by a chain link fence. (I assume this is because the place was condemned and the authorities put up the fence to keep vagrants etc out) All she could tell was that it was U shaped and was three stories tall. She said the negatives are available to the public and anyone can visit the museum and see them. I know they have the capability of printing photos from negatives and will put in a request for print copies. There will be a small fee I'm sure but it will be worth it. I'm really curious to see what the old place looked like. Unfortunately this does not tell us anything we did not already know about the Airline but we are getting closer to finally being able to say the Ramrod has been found. Sue, that's good info about the book and the historian Seth Bramson. I got his name and phone number from reference at the Miami-Dade Public Library's Florida Room. Apparently he is alive and well in Miami. I have tried to call him several times but will keep on trying. I will try to locate a copy of the book also.#392Spoke w/ Seth Bramson today and he promised to look at his old photos and other materials.#398Ref CC11, the Ramrod. The Airline Hotel at 923 Palm Ave Hialeah was not used as the Ramrod. I just got a free low res photo from History Miami. It is from a negative that came with a 1996 Miami Herald story about the Airline being condemned. As you can see from the photo below, it looks nothing like the Ramrod as it appeared in Vice.#399Nice to see the Airline as it was after all our surfing but sad its not the Ramrod. Before Hialeah was mentioned, SoflaJeremy mentioned he recalled someone saying the Ramrod had been on a main road in Coconut Grove. Would there have been wide "back alleys" like SoBe's Ocean court so everything was filmed in one area? Maybe even the apartment of Romano will be there too ... we could do with discovering what that tall building is in the distance in the screencap.

#406I watched Streetwise again last night & so many South Beach locations were used in the episode - mainly around Washington at 10th - that I've been on google & bing maps tonight looking in that area. I am also wondering if Ramano's house is in south Beach too, close to Gina's apartment? Looking closely, last night, at the decoration on the gate of the apartment block, it looked as if it had been recently added so maybe it was placed there for the scenes, like the arched Ramrod sign?A) RamrodFirstly, I've found a building at 1308 Drexel Ave which is of the same shape as the Airline and which was built in 1925, in the same deco era as the airline. It now is called the Havana & has 35 condos but it was refurbished in recent years. I've got some pics below. I've spent hours trying to find its original name to see if there is an early photo pre-refurb with no success. Depending on the state of the old building, they might have enclosed the outside corridors.B) Back alleyI have also been for an "online stroll" around South Beach's courts and alleys looking for the building where Silk pulls up in his car towards the beginning of the ep. I have found something similar and there is a parking area opposite the building - fence has been added. As the telephone lines (or electric lines) go from left to right in the epsisode's screen cap, I am guessing the alley goes that way & Silk pulles his car forward into the parking lotThe only problem is that the hotel - the rear of which might be the location marked with the red arrow - was in the process of being demolished! I've got screen caps from Bing birdseye view showing the location but when I go on google's streetview, the building has partly gone. I might be wrong on both of these locations but it is worth a shot for discussionGreat work Sue !#409I looked at your screen caps of the alley with Silk and I have to say the windows, small chimney and shape of the building seem to match up with the location you found on Collins Ct. The Habana Apartments/Condo's building at 1308 Drexel Ave. The "U" shape seems to be too deep and much bigger in comparison to the RamRod. I believe the RamRod had 2 to 3 units on either side of the "U" and maybe the same in the middle of the "U", if not more. Also the RamRod had the open walkways to each unit and the decorative arches. Just my observations.#412Thanks! I agree Jim re the passing of the years as one of Mr Neon's pieces is featured in a store window on Washington when Carla or Trudy is walking around there (it is map of Florida in neon). Maybe he made that and the Ramrod sign & the set decorators for the show just put them in place?Two outside contenders for Ramrod are named Sunbrite Apartments @ 1330 Pennsylvania Avenue & 13th and the Fenimore @ 1200 Euclid & 12th. They are both shaped correctly but the Sunbrite may be too wide. You can see that the Fenimore has had a modern decor concept added to the original building (I'm not keen on the design of this one as it now looks too gauche for classic deco .. imho anyways lol) but its worth looking at. Sadly I can't find old photos pre refurb of either of them. I've looked at plenty others but they are smaller blocks with only two stories so can be discounted immediately.#416HiJust got an update on my facebook account from Miami Design Preservation League, where they have posted a few old postcards of South Beach. One - the Hampton Court - might be a contender for the Ramrod - its address was Collins at 28th (see below)I'm wondering how many hotels/motels like this have been demolished or altered drastically since the 1980s evben though they're supposed to be preserved?

CC11-C Ramano’s apartmentif we found the Ramrod, then I bet we also will find Romano´s apartment (U-shaped apartment complex at a T-intersection, vis a vis a smallresidential neighborhood) near the Ramrod in Hialeah. I watched the scenes at Romano´s house recently and no way that location is in South Beach as we recently speculated. #37711-C: Romano home. This looks like the beach and for a while I just kinda put off the number on the residence as a prop or apartment number but it may actually be the real number. It may even be Hialeah near the Airline Hotel. It is on a unique street design. At a T intersection where the street that would be the long leg of the T does not continue straight in the distant background. It appears to go down a block hits another cross street but instead of going straight across it is offset about 10 yards to the left before it continues straight away. So if you drove down the street you would have to take a left and then immediate right instead of just going straight across. This occurs in some places on the beach and the mainland but is semi rare narrowing down where it could be. I see that Palm Ave is a divider in Hialeah with a 1st Ave on each side. I have not found an appropraite street mid block though. There is a high rise visible in the distant background. A reflection on the front of the Testarossa reveals the building on the corner to the front of the car is likely 5 stories tall.#378The street leading away from Romano's house is very likely an east-west road and we are most likely looking due west when we are looking past the Testarossa down the street. I base this on the long shadows being cast on the ground and their relative positions. That combined with, of the two choices, early morning filming or late afternoon, I think it more likely was a late afternoon shot making the street run west away from the house.#390RE: Vic's home. I am not sure how much this may help but it may contain some clues. This is a screen capture where I lightened the shadows. It is probably the best head on shot we see of Vic's apartment complex. It was filmed at night but I think I was able to lighten it enough to see some new clues at least to it's overall shape and the building behind it.#391Vic Romano´s home is an apartment (number 41) in an U-shaped apartment complex. The other apartment on the other side of the "U"´s end has the number 47. If the numbers are following a usual street pattern (I doubt that), it should be easy to find close to a first Street. I rather assume (also based by the fact that I have searched unsuccessfully for weeks) that these are the apartment numbers, not the house number.If Ramrods is indeed in Hialeah, then this location is likely nearby (but as said no luck on Google Earth)#395For some reason this looks like the view of the Courtyard and Grand Bay in Dinner Key, possibly shooting from Coconut Grove? Oak Ave?#396So what we know about Ramano’s apt. Is, it is a single story, U shaped building with the number 41 on the unit and 47 next door. It appears to be at a T intersection.#397We know allot more than that. Check out my post # 377 and 378.#402Thanks Jeremy, That helps fill in some of the blanks. RECAP:Romano home. This looks like the beach and for a while I just kinda put off the number on the residence as a prop or apartment number but it may actually be the real number. It may even be Hialeah near the Airline Hotel. It is on a unique street design. At a T intersection where the street that would be the long leg of the T does not continue straight in the distant background. It appears to go down a block hits another cross street but instead of going straight across it is offset about 10 yards to the left before it continues straight away. So if you drove down the street you would have to take a left and then immediate right instead of just going straight across. This occurs in some places on the beach and the mainland but is semi rare narrowing down where it could be. I see that Palm Ave is a divider in Hialeah with a 1st Ave on each side. I have not found an appropriate street mid block though. There is a high rise visible in the distant background. A reflection on the front of the Testarossa reveals the building on the corner to the front of the car is likely 5 stories tall.The street leading away from Romano's house is very likely an east-west road and we are most likely looking due west when we are looking past the Testarossa down the street. I base this on the long shadows being cast on the ground and their relative positions. That combined with, of the two choices, early morning filming or late afternoon, I think it more likely was a late afternoon shot making the street run west away from the house.We also learned (through Jim's great work) the Airline Hotel at 923 Palm Ave Hialeah was not used as the Ramrod Hotel.

CC12 Horse ranch from One Way Ticket.#345Introducing Cold Case 12: This location is absolutely findable, but it will take some searching by Google Earth or like. I have not spent time searching for it yet but I will now. It is the horse ranch (except establishing shot from CA.) from One Way Ticket. Most likely it is in the west or south. It looks like it had and may still have a greenhouse.It is such a large facility it is/was likely a community ranch or other type club. There was a large BBQ made of brick that would likely still be there.#348I think it may be somewhere near or in Ft Lauderdale because the airfield scene was filmed there.

CC13#415Cold Case13: From Down for The Count part 1. The Bravo Gym. This case is closed/solved. Great work Detectives.

#259 CC14 (renumbered):Mrs. Goldmans house in The Home Invaders. More is seen of the insdide than the outside but when I increased the adaptive lighting to lighten the shadows I believe we get a pretty good look at the house. Enough with all you great detectives make it findable. We see the driveway, relative size of the house and boy is it a unique design.

CC11-C Ramano’s apartmentif we found the Ramrod" data-date=" then I bet we also will find Romano´s apartment (U-shaped apartment complex at a T-intersection, vis a vis a smallresidential neighborhood) near the Ramrod in Hialeah. I watched the scenes at Romano´s house recently and no way that location is in South Beach as we recently speculated. #37711-C: Romano home. This looks like the beach and for a while I just kinda put off the number on the residence as a prop or apartment number but it may actually be the real number. It may even be Hialeah near the Airline Hotel. It is on a unique street design. At a T intersection where the street that would be the long leg of the T does not continue straight in the distant background. It appears to go down a block hits another cross street but instead of going straight across it is offset about 10 yards to the left before it continues straight away. So if you drove down the street you would have to take a left and then immediate right instead of just going straight across. This occurs in some places on the beach and the mainland but is semi rare narrowing down where it could be. I see that Palm Ave is a divider in Hialeah with a 1st Ave on each side. I have not found an appropraite street mid block though. There is a high rise visible in the distant background. A reflection on the front of the Testarossa reveals the building on the corner to the front of the car is likely 5 stories tall.#378The street leading away from Romano">

I put a quick graphic together of a birds eye view of Ramano's neighborhood. I think that the offset road seen in the distance maybe the piece needed to fid this place: Eingefügtes Bild

Looking forward to the details.

I may also have found the Ramrod located very close to Ramano's. I found a partial picture on a postcard but it will take some research to find a picture to confirm the location.

I may also have found the Ramrod located very close to Ramano's. I found a partial picture on a postcard but it will take some research to find a picture to confirm the location.

Please don't torture us - where is it?I have searched for both locations for some time and no luck...

wow !! cant wait to see these locations ! Fantastic work :D:D

wow !! cant wait to see these locations ! Fantastic work :D:D

Okay okay but can someone answer the location trivia case first, hint hint.