Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

New Case - Episode and Scene please ( seen in a teaser ) from my Collection. :D  :done:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Shades of flying boats and thoughts of One Way Ticket with Sagot...and C&T in a mini-boat getting a face full of salt water with some speed added to actual motion...and then a boat flying through the intersection in Lend me an Ear.

at about the 3:34 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DOGsSagtVg

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 2

Shades of flying boats and thoughts of One Way Ticket with Sagot...and C&T in a mini-boat getting a face full of salt water with some speed added to actual motion...and then a boat flying through the intersection in Lend me an Ear.

Very good Sonny- you got it.   :thumbsup:

Here's another case, an easy one.  Where do we see this?

Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 2

Very good Sonny- you got it.   :thumbsup:

Here's another case, an easy one.  Where do we see this?

Eingefügtes Bild

This is the famous Rolls Royce dealership seen in every opening montage of Miami Vice. Also seen in montage of Miami locations when Captain plays music in Trust Fund Pirates :)

• Like 1

at about the 3:34 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DOGsSagtVg

Correct - Lend Me an Ear this was where the boat ended up at the end of the teaser. Well done :fireworks: 

Just got back from a most excellent trip to Miami. Among other things including some great stories, I have several never before seen location pictures to post here to challenge you trivia minds. I will post when the current case is solved.

• Like 1

Just got back from a most excellent trip to Miami. Among other things including some great stories, I have several never before seen location pictures to post here to challenge you trivia minds. I will post when the current case is solved.

This was originally Friedman's Bakery at 685 Washington Ave.  It was decorated with neon to be the club "Dynamo" in the teaser of Dutch Oven.  Glad you had a good time in Miami Charlie, wish I could have been there.  OK now lets see some pics.

• Like 1

• Administrators

• Name the episode and scene where we see;;;Eingefügtes BildEASY PEASEY!

I immediately recognised it. Spent 5 minutes going through episodes of season 2 to find the right one. It was in French Twist, about 34 minutes into the episode.

The seen where that guy tells Bandi that a "black guy" was looking for him, then Tubbs enters the room to find the dead body. And Crockett was on the phone.

Eingefügtes Bild

Never opened the thread to see this until now. :p

The hallway has changed a bit.

Edited by SL1DE

You are of course correct. The hallway has new tile flooring and new lights but otherwise is identical. Thanks to Jose, the night manager of the Mayfair Hotel for guiding me to this location which had eluded me on previous trips. He was so very nice and helpful, a big fan of Miami Vice himself. One evening I went down to the desk and inquired if anyone was staying in this (Bandi's Room) He took the time to go up with me since it was unoccupied that night and let me in. Theses suites are unchanged since Vice filmed here confirming that the scene was in fact filmed at the Mayfair. However, Tubbs is seen approaching suite 453, the Myrtle Suite. After entering with Jose we quickly (with his expert knowledge of the hotel) figured out that the interior scene (of Bandi's room)  was actually filmed across the hallway in Suite 454. When we first see Tubbs he is not emerging from a hallway or exterior courtyard. He is exiting the stairway at the west end of the building. He also directed me to the ballroom where they filmed the driver's party in Florence Italy. I was also able to get nice shots of where Bandi made his rooftop phone call.  Thanks again JOSE.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Tubbs enters, not the front door but a connector door between suites.

• Like 2

Eingefügtes BildYou know what to do.

The cemetery scene at the end of Sons and Lovers.  It looks what you see right before the camera pans to the coffins. It's actually Greynolds Park in N. Miami.  Good case Charlie.

Edited by miamijimf

The cemetery scene at the end of Sons and Lovers.  It looks what you see right before the camera pans to the coffins. It's actually Greynolds Park in N. Miami.  Good case Charlie.

Brillant - Greynolds Park visited last year and posted photos in the Sons and Lovrers google shooting locations  :D

• Like 1

A real treat of a new Case - from my trip in Miami last month - Episode and Scene please

:fireworks:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5

A real treat of a new Case - from my trip in Miami last month - Episode and Scene please

:fireworks:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Mirror Image, Burnett recovering from the explosion.

Nice shot btw.

• Like 1