The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Interesting but sorry, no. I missed this car....have not been on the Forum in a while and missed a lot of messages and this thread. I still have some reading in this thread to catch-up. Did I miss any other time-sensitive posts? Never did find the correct Momo steering wheel in the size Camera noted either. :thumbsdown:

Thanks alleycat. It is my baby' date=' a work-in-progress, ...and my money-pit. :);)[/quote'] Baby alright.I can understand about the money pit,Its still gorgeous I think my jaw dropped seeing it:happy::happy:

It's not really a money pit, it's more of an investment and with the economy right now its a very wise thing to put the money into something solid that will have value regardless of how the dollar is doing and whether or not china pulls america's tab and look god damn cool too. Sonny you did miss another momo veloce I'm afraid but yet again it had the same problem as the last, no veloce lettering on it although that nardi wood wheel might be worth putting up on ebay once you do get your hands on one, they aint cheap to say the least. Additionally as a side note I've actually been playing around with the idea of having a custom wood wheel made up for mine if I ever get my hands on one, with a twist. Instead of normal wood it would be using african blackwood as to accomplish two things, feel as good as a proper wood wheel and yet not draw attention away from the the interior and look out of place like most aftermarket wood wheels do.

post-592-13892963509536_thumb.jpg

I watch Barrett Jackson and I see the investment that goes into some of these cars.I find it a good investment the economy is bad why not invest in something you enjoy cars.Daytona is a beautiful car:happy:

It's not really a money pit' date=' it's more of an investment and with the economy right now its a very wise thing to put the money into something solid that will have value regardless of how the dollar is doing and whether or not china pulls america's tab and look god damn cool too. Sonny you did miss another momo veloce I'm afraid but yet again it had the same problem as the last, no veloce lettering on it although that nardi wood wheel might be worth putting up on ebay once you do get your hands on one, they aint cheap to say the least. Additionally as a side note I've actually been playing around with the idea of having a custom wood wheel made up for mine if I ever get my hands on one, with a twist. Instead of normal wood it would be using african blackwood as to accomplish two things, feel as good as a proper wood wheel and yet not draw attention away from the the interior and look out of place like most aftermarket wood wheels do.[/quote'] Not sure about the investment notion here as I will likely spend more than the car would sell for in my zeal to make it look really good and update it. But don't plan to part with it anyway for a long time. Please do keep an eye out for the correct size Momo....still no luck there. Never thought about the Nardi ..you think it carries a high value? Btw, the pic you have in your post with the black steering column makes me think this must be the stunt car.

New Daytona shotsAs today we hit 65F I decided to get the Daytona out of storage and drive it. Took some pictures with the top down so here they are...Eingefügtes Bild

As today we hit 65F I decided to get the Daytona out of storage and drive it. Took some pictures with the top down so here they are...Eingefügtes Bild

Anyone know when the word "MCBURNIE" which is stamped on the bottom under the door appeared on these cars? I'm guessing these were later models. Perhaps when they came out with the one body piece which made them easier to assemble?(Nice car dude!)

Anyone know when the word "MCBURNIE" which is stamped on the bottom under the door appeared on these cars? I'm guessing these were later models. Perhaps when they came out with the one body piece which made them easier to assemble?(Nice car dude!)

Thanks and yes "McBurnie" is in raised lettering on the driver's side lower rocker panel...hard to notice except from a lower angle. This is a 1988 body for reference.

Thanks and yes "McBurnie" is in raised lettering on the driver's side lower rocker panel...hard to notice except from a lower angle. This is a 1988 body for reference.

I wonder when they first appeared? Do you have the word "McBurnie" under the hood too?

I wonder when they first appeared? Do you have the word "McBurnie" under the hood too?

Don't know about that and yes "McBurnie" is also in raised lettering under the hood...think it is in a shot I posted earlier of the engine compartment.

Gorgeous Sonny.You had the perfect weather.She looks good.I guess you keep it in a garage during the winter months.

Thanks alleycat and yes, I keep it indoors all winter. Have to here in not-so-balmy Illinois. We had a nasty blizzard in early Feb.

Size of lights on replica or originalThe amber and red taillights...diameter please. Also reverse rectangle lens size. Is there a part number for the horn from Harbor Freight? Found mirrors, thanks!!! Ok hardest thing I am looking for Front side blinker lenses. Thanks in advance!!!

Not sure about the investment notion here as I will likely spend more than the car would sell for in my zeal to make it look really good and update it. But don't plan to part with it anyway for a long time. Please do keep an eye out for the correct size Momo....still no luck there. Never thought about the Nardi ..you think it carries a high value? Btw' date=' the pic you have in your post with the black steering column makes me think this must be the stunt car.[/quote']Both cars had that black connector thing, its the lower half where they differ, ala where the steering column meets the dash, which on the stunt car is entirely black and on the camera car its tanEingefügtes Bildand are you sure thats a nardi? it doesnt look like one from the photo, actually it looks like someone just put wood over the stock vette steering wheel.also Sonny after looking over the body there I think all you should do with the front is lower the badge, it doesnt really need the plexyglass as it looks pretty good as it is unless you want to try and replicate the night driving shots from the show with it.Eingefügtes Bild

and are you sure thats a nardi? it doesnt look like one from the photo" data-date=" actually it looks like someone just put wood over the stock vette steering wheel.[IMG">

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/swfoley01/P1000775.jpg

There is a Vette wheel that looks like that, and that is most likely what you have. No need for the MOMO adaptor, which is the black tube between the wheel and the column.Looks like the HVAC is stock vette. The Speedo/Tach and the gauges will need to be changed at some point, but I would have that done with the dash out. The wiring harness should go from the wall to the new gauges, and the faux-rrari ones can come out. I make it sound simple, but I know it is expensive and time consuming. Enjoy the car and don't get in a hurry.I am working on a correct dash, and will let you all know how it works out. Came up with a plan, and am waiting to have it covered and installed.And by the way, Sonny-Burnett, if you do nothing--- that is a beautiful car! I am getting mine out every weekend (Georgia is in the 80s right now). Enjoy!!JN

WOW she's gorgeous S-B! Personally it's a little depressing, makes me realize how much work i have to do in the coming years on my car ;-). I had mine out in Dallas on Friday, have to find someone to replace both door locks...having trouble getting in to my own car!BW

There is a Vette wheel that looks like that' date=' and that is most likely what you have. No need for the MOMO adaptor, which is the black tube between the wheel and the column.Looks like the HVAC is stock vette. The Speedo/Tach and the gauges will need to be changed at some point, but I would have that done with the dash out. The wiring harness should go from the wall to the new gauges, and the faux-rrari ones can come out. I make it sound simple, but I know it is expensive and time consuming. Enjoy the car and don't get in a hurry.I am working on a correct dash, and will let you all know how it works out. Came up with a plan, and am waiting to have it covered and installed.And by the way, Sonny-Burnett, if you do nothing--- that is a beautiful car! I am getting mine out every weekend (Georgia is in the 80s right now). Enjoy!!JN[/quote'] JNAre you sure it is not a Nardi? Thought it was but need to check if any markings. You're saying that I don't need a Momo adaptor for this..thought all Vette columns required one for the Momo?JN, are you replacing your dash ---thought you already had customized yours to resemble Camera's? Please email me if you would what you're doing and where you sourced your parts, if so please.Still can't get a damn dash assembly....:pAnd thanks for the comments....but I am determined to modify the interior and some exterior items to get closer to the show car look. Just can't get the restoration idea out of my head. I really envy your Georgia weather...we had one nice day this week and now we're back into the 40's for highs. :thumbsdown: cheers, S-B

WOW she's gorgeous S-B! Personally it's a little depressing' date=' makes me realize how much work i have to do in the coming years on my car ;-). I had mine out in Dallas on Friday, have to find someone to replace both door locks...having trouble getting in to my own car!BW[/quote'] Thanks, Brian for your comments. But every time I sit in it I get depressed about the state of the interior .....it isn't what I want and it is in so so condition. Sound system is also bad. But..... is still very fun and cool to drive...;)

Would that be the Momo adaptor collar/ring?Eingefügtes Bild

and are you sure thats a nardi? it doesnt look like one from the photo, actually it looks like someone just put wood over the stock vette steering wheel.

Would like to confirm either way...

also Sonny after looking over the body there I think all you should do with the front is lower the badge, it doesnt really need the plexyglass as it looks pretty good as it is unless you want to try and replicate the night driving shots from the show with it.

Thanks but am determined to find plexy lens covers. Eingefügtes Bild